Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Helping Myself

Monday August 1st, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   It’s time to start tweaking my vibe. I’m learning that life is definitely all about the vibes we all send out, and everyone has a lot more control than we think. I’ve managed to screw myself for years because I hadn’t grasped that concept. I’m finally starting to get it now.

   Every self help program ever made boils down to the idea of - “A person’s thoughts are a direct influence on what eventually manifests into reality.”  It may be said in a countless variety of ways, but the fundamental idea is exactly the same. It’s in the Bible, and I have to believe the Qaran and every other religious entity has a version of it too. It’s the truth.  

   Some of the most famous self help books of all time say it right in the title. ’Think And Grow Rich’ by Napoleon Hill is an all time classic, as is ’The Magic Of Thinking Big’ by David Schwartz. Earl Nightingale recorded ’The Strangest Secret’, which turned out to be the same thing - a person becomes what they think about most. It’s not a secret anymore.

   Then there’s Rhonda Byrne’s ’The Secret’, which goes into more depth about all of that kind of stuff. I remember how it really made a major impact the first time I saw the video a few years ago, and every time I watched it afterward I’d get pumped up all over again.

   I happened to run across a 4 CD audio version in like new condition at a thrift store for a ridiculously low price and I had to buy it. I also picked up a Robert Kiyosaki “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” 3 CD set that had no price marked so the clerk threw it in for .99 extra. Deal.

   I had some errands to run much of the day and I bathed my brain in both sets until I got all the way through each one. They’re both very well produced, and I found myself lost in constructive thought as I completed my chores route. This is exactly what I needed today.

   I’m starting to finally put the right foods in my body and the right thoughts in my brain on a regular basis and I’m feeling better than I ever have. My diabetes diagnosis triggered it, but even though it was only six weeks ago it seems like ancient history. I refuse to even claim the disease right now. I might have been diagnosed with it, but I’m not accepting it.

   I’m not saying I’ll never have another carbohydrate, but right now I know I’m creating a whole new person, the one I was always meant to be but somehow couldn’t find in myself to bring about. I’m becoming healthy in body, mind and spirit and I can feel daily growth.

   I took a nice long walk today, and it’s becoming a habit. I also ate lots of vegetables and didn’t hate it. I’m not craving Pepsis or Big Macs and my body and spirit feel like I’m not the same person I was two months ago. I also looked over my email master list and sent a note to the people I want to reconnect with. It all starts in the mind, and mine is on a roll.

   What I can’t do is change everything in a day, week, month or even year. This has to be a long term project, with no end in sight. I’m choosing to do this just as I made some poor choices in the past. I didn’t like those results, so I’m going after new ones. It’s working.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: