Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Action In Motion

Monday September 5th, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   This transforming every facet of my life for the better stuff isn’t as easy as it appears. It takes daily focused effort in many areas and one little distraction can throw off my whole schedule. In a perfect world I’d have unlimited time and resources, but that’s not reality.

   I’ve got to hump it to get things done, and the more I do the more I have to think about keeping things on some kind of schedule. I’m exercising and trying to eat well, but that’s taking time and energy away from trying to make a living. It’s a constant battle to keep it all balanced, and I’m going to have to pick and choose activities carefully from now on.

   Time is getting squeezed more and more, and I’m going to have to learn to plan out my days, weeks, months and years. I don’t mind losing my free time, because I’m doing what I need to be doing and also what I absolutely enjoy. Rotting in front of the TV doesn’t fit into my schedule, not that it ever did. If I had to live without a boob tube, I totally could.

   What nobody can live without is money. I’m working hard to learn more about it and do my daily due diligence to establish myself in business. Uranus Factory Outlet is what will hopefully be my main focus eventually, but that’s a ways off. Right now it’s still a baby.

   Most babies grow quickly, but not this one. I’m learning the details about every facet of the business from product design to manufacturing to trademarks to banking to taxes, and everything in between. The more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know. It’s humbling.

   It’s also exciting to be out there putting something together out of nothing from a wacky idea I had in a hotel room in Utah. It doesn’t matter where the idea happened, or even that it happened at all. It won’t do anyone any good until action is taken for it to become real.

   That’s what I’m in the process of doing now, but there’s no guarantee it will pay off for the effort. I think it will, but I still have to survive until it does. I have to pay bills and put time and effort into getting and keeping myself in good physical shape, and that’s a lot of effort for one little old me. A lot of people have trainers and assistants. I’m doing it alone.

   In the near future, that should change. Jim McHugh has been great at offering help and support, and a lot of others have been very positive as well. I’m sure there will be bumps and humps and starts and stops and all kinds of headaches I hadn’t planned for. That’s all part of any venture, and I’m sure it’s coming. I need to keep moving forward in spite of it.

   Labor Day is as good a day as any to get this all in motion. I had the idea on September 1st, 2007. That was over four years ago, and I need to move a lot faster if I’m going to get any return on this idea in this lifetime. Dreams are nice, but after a while it‘s not enough.

   I want to be known as a man of action, someone who doesn’t just talk about something. I’ve talked about this long enough and even I don’t want to hear about it anymore. I want to SEE it, and others to see it too. A flop I could live with, not taking action I could not.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: