Monday, June 1, 2009

UFOverwhelm

Sunday May 31st, 2009 - Galena, IL/Kenosha, WI

What a great way to close out the month of May. The weather is spectacular this time of year and everything else is falling into place too. If nothing else I’m having a whole lot of fun and doing things that please ME. I don’t care if anyone else likes any of it or not. I do.

Peer pressure means nothing to me at this point in my life. If someone doesn’t like me or what I’m into I don’t even want to waste time trying to convince them. I’m learning to get as comfortable in my skin as I can and just go with the flow in my head even though it’s a lot different than the one that seems to be in the majority of the public’s head. I’m a kook.

That isn’t always a bad thing though. Some of the most creative people of all time were also nuttier than squirrel terds so I’m in good company. Most of them were depressed and I’ve been there more times than I ever wanted to but right now I’m bobbing above water.

The dark times will come around again I’m sure but I don’t want to think about it now. I want to focus on the fun stuff like the UFO Conference in Galena. I got up early so I’d get there in time to hear the dean of UFO speakers Stanton Friedman and he didn’t disappoint anyone. That guy is probably the most known of anyone in the field and he’s fascinating.

He was on the bill with Kathleen Marden who was also riveting. She’s the niece of one of the most famous alleged abductees of all time, Betty Hill. Betty and Barney Hill are an all time classic story in UFO circles and there was even a TV movie made about the case.

I’ve followed this subject for years and just sat back and soaked in the scene today. I did a lot of listening and learning and just had a blast all around. Sam and Julie Maranto did a fantastic job of putting this whole event together and I met some interesting people I hope to have on the Mothership Connection at some point. This was all totally worth my time.

On the way home I stopped at Jerry Agar’s house because it was his birthday today. He and his whole family have been great friends for many years and I feel like I’m part of the tribe. They’re always supportive and kind and I hope I can be the same in return. I do try.

By the time I got to the WLIP studio for the Mothership Connection show at 8:55 I was ready to nod out on the control board but I had to pump it up for the show. There’s a flow of energy that goes through one’s veins whether on a comedy stage or on the radio that is hard to explain unless a person has experienced it. When the mike is on the energy rises.

We had a really good show tonight because we were all relaxed. Diane Ebert is doing a really good job filling in for Lara and she’s having fun and wants to be a regular. I’ll find a place for her somewhere and make it work out. Why waste someone who contributes?

Between her and Dr. Destruction we’ve got a good energy and the show flowed as well tonight as I think it ever has. We were like we were just sitting around having some pizza and it wasn’t even like a radio show. We all felt good afterward and I still do. This is fun!

No comments: