Monday, February 22, 2010

Thank God It's Monday

Monday February 22nd, 2010 - Lake Villa, IL

A rare Monday off today, and I enjoyed the chance to relax for a day. My weekly grind can get pretty hectic, and that’s what makes everything pile up. Most weekends I’m doing comedy shows somewhere, plus a Jerry’s Kidders WGN radio appearance is in the mix.

Then, I have The Mothership Connection radio show on WLIP in Kenosha, WI Sunday nights from 8 to 11pm. I have to prepare for that and make sure I have topics to talk about and/or guests and co-hosts to talk about them with. It’s fun, but it can get to be a lot to do.

After that, I usually come right back on Monday and either teach a comedy class or host the Rising Star Showcase show at Zanies in Chicago, or both. By Tuesday morning I’m in a catatonic babbling state of mental pudding, but the week is starting over and I have a lot of the same things to prepare for all over again. Plus, I have to keep myself in bookings.

There is a lot not only on my plate, but on the salad plate and soup bowl too. It takes an amazing amount of self discipline to keep all of this straight, and I’m the first to admit it’s never been a strong point. It’s amazing I’ve been able to pull off what I have, but I’m still not going to rest on my laurels. I have a lot more I want to do, and planning is everything.

If I’m lucky, this will be the last Monday I have off in the significant future. I’m starting comedy classes up again at Zanies and next week is the scheduled opening night. I have a Tuesday night class scheduled at Zanies in St. Charles, IL at the Pheasant Run Resort too.

There’s no guarantee either of those classes will fill up, but I’m getting a lot of inquiries so I think I’ll be ok. If not, I’ll keep trying and be ready when they do fill up. I’m still in a recovery mode from having to start all over again after my ex business partner’s stunt, but I can’t use that as an excuse forever. It happened, I’m dealing with it, and that’s about it.

I did get to the mall today and pound out two full laps, and was lost in thought the entire time. I’ve got all kinds of ideas rolling around in my skull, and walking the mall helps me shake as many of them out as I can. I’m learning to use that exercise time productively.

I also went back to the custom t-shirt shop in Antioch, IL to order a batch of t-shirts for Uranus Factory Outlet. The owner Marc is proving to be very helpful, and I’m hoping we can form a business relationship that lasts a long time. My mail order guru in California is a guy named Melvin Powers, and he’s always recommended finding long term partners.

There are a few things I didn’t get to today, but it was a day off so I’m not upset. In the little I’ve studied about numerology though, ‘11’ and ‘22’ are power numbers and today’s date was February 22nd. That’s 2/22. I have no idea if that’s significant or not. If so, oops.

I guess it’ll all have to wait until 2/23. All added up that’s 7, so maybe tomorrow has an outside chance of being a lucky day. I’m sure it’ll get a lot luckier if I keep working on all these projects I’ve started. It gets overwhelming at times, but in the long run I love it all.

No comments: