Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mailbox Maintentance

Wednesday April 23rd, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

Lots of good progress today. I finally took a day to clear out the piles and piles of email that has been accumulating in my mailbox. I got my main two addresses down from about 300 emails each to under 50. I have been meaning to get to it for months and I finally did.

I love the feeling of doing something like this because it’s a momentum thing. One pile getting smaller and smaller starts it going and then the next one is even easier. I contacted a lot of people I haven’t spoken with in months and even heard back from a few already. I needed to do this and I did and even though it took me an entire day it was really worth it.

I also took time and listened to the mail order course from E. Joseph Cossman I bought recently on Ebay. I listened as I returned emails and really learned a lot. He was a real pro and even though he died before the internet was around he got the concept of marketing a product like few others. He was a winner and would have been a millionaire in any era.

I want to be a winner too. No I didn’t come from the best circumstances but I’m not the only one to have to overcome that. Not by a long shot. I am still walking and breathing so that means I have a shot. I have a good mind and a warped creativity and I can SO do this. I’m not cocky but I am confident after listening to eight hours of a how to plan of action.

The main thing I am doing is SOMETHING. I think about this project every day but I’m finally putting things into action as well. I bought those tapes but I actually listened to the entire set from beginning to end. Now I’m going to start on all those books I bought too.

After that I’m going to get my website up and start making products to sell and then I’m going to start getting on TV and radio and SELL them. If they don’t sell I’ll try some new ones and eventually I’ll find what does move and keep making that. It’s not a big mystery. I’m glad I bought this tape series because he really explained it in a way I could grasp.

I’ve got a lot of open time this summer and I am going to use it wisely. This week I have to go to Topeka, KS for shows and I’ll have lots of time in the car to map out a plan even more. I made some notes today and I’m starting to see the beginnings of this take shape.

Necessity is the mother of invention and I don’t have a lot of options right now. I need a plan of attack to put me over the top financially so I’m not sleeping in a basement unless I want to. I’ve had a lifetime of farting around and playing artist. Now it’s time for a payoff so I don’t die broke like so many other entertainers who never took time to make a plan.

Gorgeous George the wrestler comes to mind. He was as big as it gets in his day and his unique style influenced many others including Muhammad Ali and Hulk Hogan but when he died broke and drunk at 48 on the day after Christmas it was a sad story for the ages.

I sure don’t want that to be my story. I’ve had enough sadness in my life. How about an exciting happy ending? The King of Uranus wouldn’t die broke. He’d leave MILLIONS!

No comments: