Saturday, July 3, 2010

Alone On The Throne

Friday July 2nd, 2010 - Lake Villa, IL

   Boy, am I getting old. I had all I could handle to crawl out of the rack this morning after one little lap in the mall yesterday, and I was ashamed of myself. I did some stretching for a while before I walked, but still - my wiry nimble body of youth is gone. Rest in peace.

   I didn’t have much time to dwell on my shame because I had to get to the bathroom in a hurry. I started a two week inner colon cleanse yesterday and those fiber pills don’t waste any time. I woke up and knew immediately I hadn’t been cheated. That stuff went through me like a Canadian quarter in a vending machine, and I thought it was going to get ugly.

   It’s only about a dozen steps from my bed to the toilet, but I really didn’t think I’d make it. I felt cramps in places I’ve never felt them before, and walking made them worse. I had to really concentrate on taking every single step, and also on not laughing too hysterically.

   That could have lost it too. I don’t know if I’d have laughed afterward, but thankfully it wasn’t an issue. I made it, barely, but somehow I knew I’m doing the right thing here. Not just with taking some fiber pills, but with my life in general. I really feel I’ve got the right vibe, and good things are going to start happening soon. I don’t know why, but I feel that.

   I’ve felt it before, and I admit I’ve gotten away from it somehow. If I knew why, I guess I wouldn’t be in the situation I am. But that’s life - ups and downs, and how we all handle them. Timing is everything too. Can we have an up time and parlay it into even more? I’ll bet that’s totally true, and I hope to find out. I want to experience the best life has to offer.

   I thought about that as I sat on the toilet, wondering if I’d have to call either a plumber or an ambulance. Or both. What IS the best life has to offer, and how can I get it? What’s my true heart’s desire? Does anybody know their own answer? I’d bet not all that many.

   I want to be a servant. I want to be a mentor. I want to be a world class creative genius. I want to be challenged to the fullest of my abilities. I want to be an encourager of people and their dreams. I want to be a great friend, lover, partner, husband, father and provider.

   I want to work every single day of my life doing exactly what I love. I want to be in the best of health physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. I want to help others find a way to heal their dented can past, as I’m working on healing my own. And I want peace.

   Maybe I won’t achieve any of it, but that’s what I want. I sure didn’t expect to be jarred awake by erupting bowels to cause me to think about it, but I was. And I did. And I put in a good day of work today trying to keep the positive momentum going. I went back to the mall for another lap, and felt each step of it. I ate very well and also drank a lot of water.

   Two days of this is not enough. I’ve done it before. It’s turning that into weeks and then months and then years. THAT’S what true success is, at least in my eyes. A nice chunk of money would be nice, and a special woman too. I’m preparing myself  now to get all that.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: