Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sadie Steals The Show

Sunday December 16th, 2012 – Kenosha, WI

   One of the reasons I enjoy hosting The Mothership Connection radio show on AM 1050 WLIP in Kenosha, WI on Sunday nights from 8 to midnight so much is I get to be in charge of booking the guests. There is an ample supply of fascinating stories and I always enjoy showcasing them.

   Usually the guests we have on are of a paranormal theme, but sometimes I’ll stretch it if I think it’s an interesting enough topic. That was the case tonight as we welcomed Joal Derse Dauer and her friend Chris who are nursing an amazing dog named Sadie back to health after being brutally shot between the eyes and left for dead in the wilderness of Kentucky. It’s a remarkable story.

   I met Joal a few months ago when I did a benefit comedy show at a no kill animal shelter up in the Milwaukee area called Acres of Hope and Aspirations. Lisa Alberte is in charge up there and they help people dealing with brain injuries. Find them at www.acresofhopeandaspriations.org

   Lisa and her crew do spectacular work with both animals and people, and anytime I can spread the word about someone doing good in the world I’ll absolutely do it. I know it’s not paranormal, but I call the shots so I say what gets on the air. It’s close enough, and our listeners didn’t mind.

   That’s why I decided to have Joal, Chris and Sadie on tonight. I thought there was a need for a feel good story, especially after the ugliness of the Connecticut school shootings. That’s been an absolute nightmare for the entire nation, and I wanted to avoid staying on such a negative path.

   This was exactly what the doctor ordered. Sadie was pure magic and made everyone feel great. She has a very tangible vibe that radiates from her at all times, and she was the undisputed star of the evening from the instant she got out of the car and limped up to the door of the radio station.

   Joal and Chris told us that Sadie has been making miraculous and steady progress and is doing wonders as far as her recovery is concerned. She’s getting constant therapy and attention and she continues to improve by the day. Seeing her in person and feeling her wonderful energy was one of the most inspiring moments I think I’ve ever had. She will be an inspiration to all who see her.

   www.savingsadie.com is the website Joal and Chris have set up for people to learn the story of Sadie and what she has had to overcome. It was only April of this year when all this occurred, so it’s only been a short time. I challenge anyone with a heart not to be moved by this touching tale.

   Joal and Chris are accepting donations, and for only $10 or more they have a coupon book with all kinds of discounts to local Milwaukee area events that’s also a 2013 calendar. I would donate even if there wasn’t a fantastic deal like that attached, and I hope others will join me. This is why we’re here in my opinion – to help those who really need it. Sadie deserves a chance to recover.

   This is a powerful story that should be told to as many as can hear it. I’d like to pump a couple of rounds into the scumbag who would do something like this, but the damage is done. Now it’s up to the rest of us to do the right thing and show kindness. Sadie makes it difficult not to do it.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: