Saturday, August 16, 2008

Running Around Again

Saturday August 16th, 2008 - Bristol, WI/Lake Villa, IL

Lots of little things to report today. First, I went to the Red School Café and FINALLY got to meet the blondie waitress I like one on one. She apparently doesn’t work weekends anymore but was in today because she had to drop off her ex ‘somewhere‘. She came over to where I was sitting at the counter and sat down right next to me and ordered breakfast.

I’d given her a CD a few months ago and she said she listened to it and loved it and that made me feel like a million bucks. Then she said she was single and that made me double my money. Then I found out her ‘ex’ was one of the guys working at the restaurant and it was kind of weird. I know the guy from serving me and like him and he was there as well.

It took me a while to put together all the pieces but he was the one she had to get up and drive to work this morning and that’s why she was there. I don’t mind at all and I enjoyed my chance to finally get to spend some time with her but the whole time he was there too and it just felt goofy. I don’t know if ‘ex’ meant marriage or whatever and I didn’t ask.

It’s none of my business and I’m not a gossip so I just enjoyed the time I spent with her and she really is funny and smart and I think she thinks the same about me. She’s the one that came right over and sat next to me and she could have sat anywhere else she wanted.

Who knows where if anywhere this will go? There are all kinds of oddball relationships in the world and I am not going to try and force anything. IF she wants to go out with me I’d love to take her anywhere she wants to go. I’ll stop in again and see where it goes and if it feels right I’ll ask her out. If it doesn’t I don’t want to get involved in any wackiness.

I have had enough wackiness in my life thank you, especially with women. It seems the ones I like are more often than not out of their mind completely and the ones that like me I’m not attracted to. I’m not the first one to experience that but it’s never fun to repeat it.

Tonight I had a private show for a group of baseball umpires of all things. They held an annual golf outing and banquet and I was the entertainment. The guy who booked me is a big fan and the brother of a friend of my ex partner who stole from me so I guess this was a chance to indirectly get a few bucks back. It was a great group and they loved the show.

I cut them a fair deal on price and they appreciated it and so did I. If I could get a couple of shows like this a month I’d be in great shape but that’s not as easy as it sounds. This is a show that has been in the works for months. The main guy in charge came out to Zanies in Pheasant Run to see me and approve me to the committee to buy me for today’s show.

Afterwards I stopped at Zanies in Vernon Hills to see a super funny guy named Kenny Rogerson. He’s one of the funniest guys around and I think he’s from Chicago but he got his comedy chops in Boston. That’s a legendary scene and he’s right up there with every one of the greats to come from there. We worked together years ago and he remembered me and that was very flattering. He’s a great comic and I can‘t believe he‘s not a big star.

No comments: