Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Evolution Of Vibe

Wednesday August 31st, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   It’s been said in many ways by many people throughout history, but life is absolutely all about vibe. No question. What goes around comes around, and every other saying that has been bantered about so loosely but seldom truly heard has legs. It’s not just random fluff.

   I guess I always knew it, and deep down everyone should, but I’ve been on one big time positive roll lately and I want to claim it from the universe and embrace that vibe. If life is anything, it’s constant change, and I want to remember this feeling for future reference.

   The closest definition to what ‘vibe’ means, at least to me, is the physical manifestation of the Law of Attraction. What we send out, comes back. I must have really been sending out some warped and twisted signals for a long time as judged by what I was receiving in return, but I feel it improving dramatically as of late and I like it. I’ve dialed in correctly.

   I can tell, because there’s a massive change happening in the main cast of characters in my life. As my vibe changes, so do the people that surround me on a daily basis. It’s like I was traded from a losing team in sports, and this one is going to the playoffs. It’s exciting.

   All kinds of new people are entering my life with large roles and those that were already there that I’m choosing to keep have their roles changing. My immediate surroundings are showing radical changes because I’M changing so much. It’s fun to see a tangible result.

   One person that’s left over from the past is my comedian friend Jim McHugh. Jim and I have been friends for years, but now he’s becoming more of a personal trainer, especially when it comes to the King of Uranus idea. He’s one that really liked it from the start, and has been prodding me to pursue it since I told him about it. I’ve been delaying it too long.

   Jim has a personality that really meshes well with mine, because I’m admittedly all over the place like sheep dung on a shepherd. He’s not. He zooms in on a project, and when he does, everything else goes on hold. We’re total opposites, and it‘s exactly what I need.

   Jim is the one who invited me to join the Chicago Style Standups group of comedians a few years ago, and that’s where we worked together more than just doing a few gigs at the same club the way most comedians know each other. We took our business level higher.

   Now he’s taking on a role of drill sergeant, but in a good way. He hops on my ass to get certain things done that need to get done, not just fart around aimlessly like I’ve done way too long. He’s in the exact right role at the exact right time, and positive results are on the board with more to come. His brother in law Mark Huelskamp is handling the website.

   Tonight, Jim and I met with an artist named Jeanie Janz about t-shirt designs and other art related issues. She is a friend of a friend of his, and was on point both in her level of talent and demeanor. She fits in perfectly, and I know she can contribute to the project in a major way. Things are falling into place exactly how they’re supposed to, and I love it.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: