Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reboarding The Mothership

Sunday March 30th, 2008 - Kenosha, WI/Lake Villa, IL

The Mothership Connection is back on the air. We were off for two weeks because of a basketball game and then for Easter but today we were back. We all thought we’d have to wait until next week because AM 1050 WLIP carries Badgers basketball but alas they did not make it past their last NCAA tournament game so we were a go. I didn’t mind at all.

I’m having unbelievable fun with this whole concept. I love the topics we’ll be using on the show and it could eventually lead to my dream job of guest hosting on Coast to Coast AM at some point. Even if I was on as a guest it would still be an amazing thrill. I’m on a path to do that with this show if we can just keep it growing. So far we’re doing it right.

Today we had two guests on which I set up and both were very good. We had a flow for the whole two hours and didn’t run out of things to talk about. We got to polish our skills as interviewers and also get some airtime with each other which can’t be bought. That has to be earned and we started paying for it today. Everyone did great and we all had a blast.

I can feel a good spark with this idea. The time is right or it and everyone and their ugly uncle is trying to go some kind of ghost or UFO show in whatever format. We have a nice mix of energy on the show and the three of us are meshing pretty well. We’ve all been on the air a lot in our lives so it’s no big deal and it shows. The beginner’s jitters aren’t there.

Eventually I am hoping to have Uranus Factory Outlet as a sponsor. I am willing to let it grow for a while without getting paid in hopes that I can make it pay off in the fall. I have the whole summer to find guests and put ideas together and hopefully hit the fall with our act in full stride. I’ll also be able to look into making it a pod cast so we can get exposure.

Whether we make big money from it or not doesn’t really matter. What matters for now is that we’re all really into it, we all get along well and we all keep improving each week. It’s been three shows and we’ve improved significantly each time so that’s encouraging.

This was a good week on a lot of levels. I worked a full week at Zanies and worked my act every night. I didn’t walk through the shows even when it wasn’t the easiest of shows. I also made some booking contacts which I needed to do and that will pay off very soon.

If I can continue building Uranus Factory Outlet to the point of getting a site up in April I can start making products and slowly get ready for the Christmas rush. That’s probably a realistic deadline to actually start seeing any real results for this and I’m totally ok with it.

I never expected easy money with no effort out of this and in fact I’m glad it isn’t going to be that way. I need the education and experience of starting a business so I can catalog it all and write about it so hopefully I can help someone else in the future follow my lead.

If I am fortunate enough to continue living and be healthy enough to do what I’m doing now I’m going to realize my big dream of being a multi millionaire. I feel it all bubbling.

No comments: