Sunday, September 7, 2008

Right Doesn't Matter

Sunday September 7th, 2008 - Kenosha, WI/Lake Villa, IL

The sad and painful truth poked me in the poop shoot today that it doesn’t mean a damn thing to be right. It really doesn’t. Time after time in my life I’ve been in some conflict or dispute or disagreement over something and in the end it turns out I was in the right but it still ends up with me holding the bag. I’m totally sick of playing that role but I often do.

I’m not always right and I admit it loudly and quickly when I’m not but when I am I am and it’s frustrating when it doesn’t produce the results I want. What made me think about it was watching a little bit of Brett Favre’s debut with the New York Jets on TV today.

I admit he still looked pretty good and as a Packer fan and a football fan I loved him as much as anyone else when he played in Green Bay. Then he pulled his little whining little crybaby act and I was happier than anyone to see him pack his bags and head out of town.

Aren’t we taught as kids that NOBODY is bigger than any team and to play by the rules and all that regurgitated good sportsmanship puke every kid hears in gym class? He didn’t have to play by the same rules everyone else did and now he’s the martyr in Green Bay. It was all over the radio in Milwaukee with callers whining about it more then Favre did.

Personally I think the Packers did the right thing for the long term good of the team and it’s business. They were RIGHT. But now 99% of the unwashed drunken cheese mob has it in for management and think they can run the team better. I had to turn the radio off so I wouldn’t throw up all over my shirt as halfwit after halfwit called in to pile on stupidity.

It’s easy to pile on in hindsight and if Aaron Rodgers so much as hiccups on Monday it will cause every rube in Green Bay to choke on his bratwurst. The whole situation should and could have been avoided but it wasn’t and now it’s going to be a complicated mess.

I thought about all of my own life situations that have turned out similarly and wish that I could change them but I can’t. I wasn’t the one who robbed the bank in the gorilla mask but I ended up having to testify in court and lost my lifelong best friend over it. It hurts.

I wasn’t the one who embezzled all the money out of the Zanies comedy class fund and in fact I was the one that invited the person to be a business partner and trained him how to run classes and now he’s going behind my back and doing classes with two slime balls.

The obese demon who runs the club in Milwaukee who owes me $400 from 1995 never did pony up for shows I did and never will. Who’s right? Not him but I’m still out not just that $400 but there is a club in Appleton that said they’d never book me and they haven’t.

It doesn’t matter that I was right in any of these situations. I still lost out. I’m learning it matters who THINKS a person is right. Millions of people think Brett Favre is right and it doesn’t matter if he is or he isn’t. They THINK he is. The Germans thought Hitler was an upgrade at one time. How did that work out? At least we had a good radio show tonight.

No comments: