Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trade Mark Uranus!

Saturday September 6th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

Big news today. I got word from the law firm I hired to help me with trade marking the whole Uranus concept that the actual search is complete and I now own the trade mark in the United States of America. I think that’s cause for celebration but I’m not sure exactly why and how. I do know that I took the time and invested in doing this process correctly.

I know this doesn’t mean I’m guaranteed money or success or anything other than now I need to defend myself if someone else tries to horn in on my idea. I’m sure that’ll totally happen if and when I start cranking out some money with this. Hot ideas get copied and it will happen if I can rattle some cages with this concept. This is preparing me for that war.

I really don’t want any wars though. All I want to do is create a business which will put me in a position to earn a fair and honest living and build up some sort of retirement fund. The business part of it is a necessary evil but my real joy will come from creating a funny line of products backed up with a funny advertising campaign. That’s my real focus here.

This whole thing has been a tremendous education and the fact is I haven’t really gotten started yet. I’m learning a lot about a lot of things and the more I know the more I know I don’t know but that keeps me wanting to know more and it’s drawing me in like an addict to heroin. When I do get my first hit product I’m sure I’ll be hooked on mail order for life.

I’ve been studying the mail order business but I need to take some action now. It’s time to put down the books and pick up the phone and call someone who can start making the products I can use to evolve this from thought into reality. I’m very close and it’s a thrill.

This week has been very good in that I’m making some correct even if difficult choices. I’ve been making time every day to exercise for at least 30 minutes if not longer and right now that only consists of taking walks but I’m using the time I walk to think about all of these things I’m working on and even though it’s only been six days I feel better already.

I’m eating fruits and vegetables on purpose and drinking as much water as I can and it’s making a difference in how I feel. I’ve done this before and it’s lasted a week or two and I start eating bloody rare red meat again but this time I feel like I’m on a roll and I’ll keep it going. I’m really determined to make this work and change my life to how I want it to be.

There is a big cork board on my wall and I had a few goals thumb tacked to it but I took them all down and am starting over again. I’m going to make a list of my best contacts for each project and make separate notes of what I need to do and who I need to contact for it to get going and then DO that. This is a constant process but I feel like I’m starting to roll.

The main thing I’m feeling is how much pure fun this whole thing is on every level. I’m building something from the ground up from a single idea and that’s always been my very favorite thing to do in life. I went into my bank today and the teller saw my ’URANUS 1’ license plate and cracked up and showed everyone else. I’m on the right track with this.

No comments: