Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hot Chicks And Good Flicks

Wednesday March 2nd, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

    Up late, back up again early, WAY early. I could tell it was before 5am because when I turned on my TV to CNN Headline News to see if the world had blown up, Robin Meade wasn’t on yet. Who is Robin Meade? Only the ultimate slice of prime rib of femininity.

    I have been an unabashed fan of beautiful women from the first minute of the first hour of my first day of puberty, and if I had to narrow down to just ONE all time total package beauty for the ages, I’d have to choose her. There’s a song by Was Not Was called ’Robot Girl’ that has the classic line “She goes through my blood like a hot knife through butter.”

   She used to work in Chicago at WMAQ Channel 5, and I had the hots for her then. She left to go to CNN, and eventually wound up on the morning shift at Headline News. She’s been doing that for years, because I used to look forward to drooling over her back when I did mornings at The Loop in 2004. She was and is on from 5-9am and is a total stunner.

   She’s got an exotic look and is of course a petite brunette, my all time favorite. One of my old partners Spike used to rub it in that he’d known her when she worked at Channel 5, and was in the office when she got her CNN gig and hugged everyone, including him.

   He said she was a sweetheart and everyone liked her, which makes it even more torture. I know she’s married, as she always talks about her husband, and she wears a gargantuan ring on the old ‘taken’ finger which would be no deterrent to any man trying to woo her.

   Where do women like that come from? I know she’s from a small town in Ohio, and is a former beauty queen. Her father is apparently a minister of all things, and if I could find women like her in church I’d be there every Sunday whether I believed in a God or not.

   There must be hundreds of thousands if not millions of men in lust with her, as she’s on at a prime time in prime places. CNN Headline News is on in hotels, airports and a bunch of other public places where business men watch whether they want to or not. The people at CNN aren’t stupid, and know men would watch her read the ingredients off a soup can.

   I’d sure hate to have an ugly daughter who wanted to be a TV newscaster, because there just aren’t any, at least on a national level. All the CNN babes could pose in Playboy, and it wouldn’t break my heart if they did. I’ve become a fan of them all from Richelle Carey to Natasha Curry to Susan Hendricks to Suzanne Malveaux. WOW. They’re all gorgeous.

   I guess they’re the spoon full of sugar that helps the medicine go down as far as having to hear bad news and BS every day from news reports. If I have to hear about the horrors of war or the brutality of Mother Nature, a hot chick with a nice rack makes it digestible.

   There’s more to it with Robin. She’s funny and smart and has a sexy little giggle and it has to be no accident they switch to weather at a camera angle that shows off her rockets red glare - boobs bursting in air. Yeowza, I’d go to war and back for a peak at those.

   Too bad I’ll never get one, so it was back to work disappointed yet again. I hope her old man appreciates what he has, but there’s no guarantee of that. He’s probably lusting for a chick he works with or some waitress at a diner he goes to. That’s just how men are built.

   It would be great if we had a plug in horn-o-meter that attracted us to women, and when we found one we could unplug it and be loyal to that one forever. NOPE. It doesn’t work that way. If I were having wild sex with Robin Meade (I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray) and Natasha Curry sauntered by, I’d want to get her number.

   That’s how it is, and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it. I got a call about that same subject from a friend of mine who went to see the movie ‘Hall Pass’. He said it was about that same topic, and he really enjoyed it and thought I would too. I usually try to go see movies like that before everyone tells me the scenes and ruins it, so that’s what I did.

   I needed some relaxing down time, and I hadn’t seen a movie in a while so I went over to my old stomping ground at Gurnee Mills Mall. I even took a lap to get some exercising in before the movie, and it felt really good to work up a pump before buying my ticket.

   I haven’t laughed that hard out loud at a movie in a LONG time. I thought it was really well made, and well worth my money too. I never really had an opinion of Owen Wilson, other than he looked like an ungrateful bastard for trying to kill himself a while back, but he was really solid in this movie. Everyone was. It was a comedy movie that did it’s job.

   I’ve always enjoyed the Farrelly brothers’ films as a whole, and this one was right up at the top of their work in my opinion. I’m no movie critic, and in fact my views matter only to me I’m sure. I don’t claim to have a pulse on the public’s taste. I just know what I like.

   I also know I have a lot of work ahead of me, so I’m scheduling appointments to get the ball rolling with my inner circle and working my way out. Today I met with Shelley for a much needed and long overdue brainstorming and backup computer session. I desperately needed to back up my work for way too long now and today we finally knocked that out.

   Whew. I was playing with fire there. The last thing I need is to have all my well thought out plans and ideas get lost forever. I’ve had that happen, and should have taken care of it months ago, but now I finally did. I made three copies of everything, and I’m SO relieved.

   We also talked about a revamp of my website, and that’s something else I’ve wanted to address for a while now. There’s nothing wrong with the one I have, but everything needs freshening up now and then, and this is one of those times. She’ll do a great job, and it’s a work in progress, like everything will be for the next little while. I’m in a big transition.

   Shelley’s really great, and like Jim McHugh I totally appreciate all she does for me. It’s too bad I can’t pay her what she’s worth yet, but that’s why we’re working on all this kind of stuff. Hopefully I’ll be able to hire her full time eventually. She’s got a sweet family to take care of, and I understand that. Today was productive though, and that’s a positive.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: