Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mercury In Retrograde

Wednesday April 6th, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   OK, I admit it. I’m officially overwhelmed. I’m short tempered and pissed off, and I’ve been told it’s due at least partially to the fact that the planet Mercury is in Retrograde. All I know is, I’ve got B.S. coming at me from all directions and I’m about to blow a gasket.

   I’ve heard about the Mercury thing before. Supposedly what happens is the planet starts to revolve in the opposite direction somehow, and apparently that trickles over to us here on Earth and screws up communication between everyone. I don’t know how true that is or if it’s true at all, but I’ve heard it from people I’d have no reason to doubt their word.

   My grandfather would have attributed that theory to ‘moonbeams and stardust’ as he’d call anything to do with astrological events. He didn’t believe in any of it, but I’m not so sure. This would be more of an astronomy thing rather than astrological, and maybe both.

   If a planet reverses the way it revolves, isn’t there a reaction to that somehow? I know it screws things up on Earth when there are sunspots, and that isn’t moonbeams and stardust at all. That’s a physical fact of the solar system. Whatever it is, I’m feeling off right now.

   I feel like I can’t keep up with everything, and things just keep piling up for me to work on. I can’t put the time into any of them that I think needs to be, and everything feels like it’s on the verge of collapsing. I don’t know what to do about it other than keep slugging, but I’m at the end of my patience rope which wasn’t very long in the first place. It’s tense.

   It always seems that people only call me when they want something. I’ve always tried to help as much as I can, and maybe I’m a sucker but I can’t help it. If someone is in need, it bothers me - especially if I feel I can help out. Life is short and I think it’s all about giving but a certain segment of people think it’s all about taking and not giving back. I hate that.

   I’ve been trying to find a happy medium, and I just can’t seem to do it. I have a friend in need right now who’s between jobs and needs to feed a family. I have a few trinkets that I think can be sold on Ebay, but I have zero time to do it. That person came over today and I made time even though I had none, and we went to my storage area looking for trinkets.

   We found a few, but they should bring at least a couple hundred dollars in time of need. Then, that person took a phone call that lasted at least half an hour, and all I could do was sit in the passenger seat and hear my day tick away. I know I’m a control freak, and when I can’t do anything about it I feel useless and helpless and it infuriates me that I’m stuck.

   This is why I always like to drive myself anywhere so I can leave if I want. Today I was trying to help someone else, and put myself in a position of vulnerability and got stung by circumstances. I’m not angry at the person, but I am disappointed I put myself in this spot in the first place. I have my own problems to work on. I am in a rut right now, and I know it because I’m doing stuff like misplacing my keys and glasses frequently. I have way too much going on and I know it. Come on Mercury, turn it around. My head is in Uranus.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: