Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Doomy Gloomy Heart

Tuesday May 10th, 2011 - Milwaukee, WI/Fox Lake, IL

   Up to Milwaukee today to jump start things up there. I haven’t been up there in a while and gas prices aren’t helping. It’s killing all of us, but especially us drivers of road yachts. OPEC, you sunk my battleship. I have to make my trips count and really think before I go anywhere these days because it’s a major investment whenever I do. Why is it like this?

   I guess it’s not the end of the world, but I don’t know how long people can survive this pain. I know I’m getting reamed in the gas hole, but I have to believe pizza deliverers and cab drivers are getting it even worse than me. How about letting the little man turn a buck by hustling a little? It worked fine before, and then there’s a nice tax base to work from.

   Now it seems like the powers that be are just hell bent on eliminating the common man, and I don’t know why. Maybe we’ve outlived our usefulness, but we sure aren’t getting a happy sendoff. It’s getting rougher and rougher and pretty soon something’s got to snap.

   I don’t want anyone to snap. Especially me. I want life to be happy, hopeful and packed with pleasant memories for everybody. I want people to live their dreams and be wealthy in all areas from money to health to fulfilling relationships with everyone around them.

   What am I, a flaming imbecile? I’m sure many would concur, but what’s happening out there now is very disturbing. Someone somewhere is pushing some button that is keeping us under some thumb and slowly draining our spirit of adventure. It’s killing all our spirit.

   Am I thinking this way just because I’m getting older, or is the world really changing in a frightening way? Maybe it was always like this, but my gut feelings says it wasn’t. It’s a different world than the one I grew up in, and even though it wasn’t perfect, it had hope.

   Or, was it me that had the hope and now I’ve officially lost it? I really think I have. The future looks very scary, and I wouldn’t want to be a kid in this world now. It was difficult enough when I came up, and even though I had it worse than most it wasn’t like it is now.

  Everything now seems to be morphing into a big corporation which owns everything and everyone. We’ll all have to be at their mercy, and creativity and freedom as we know of it now will be considered dangerous and wiped out at all costs. It‘s like USSR, The Sequel.

   Why am I so doomy and gloomy today? I really don’t know. I’m just writing what I feel and how I see things going. I sure don’t want to be right this time, but it’s hard to deny an ominous tone in the world today and a not so bright future ahead. I sure hope I’m as off as off can be with that prediction. I just want to make an honest living and have a nice life.

   I met with Richard Halasz in Milwaukee and we mapped out a plan to do some ‘Schlitz Happened!’ shows in the fall and also how to get work next summer. For once I’m getting smart and starting to plan ahead. I just hope there will be a world left to execute the plans I do make. I can’t control any of that though. All I can do is keep my eye to my own path.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: