Saturday, May 17, 2008

Boston Store Days

Saturday May 17th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

There are way too few days like today to stay inside so I got out and stayed out in it. It’s the time of year when there are no bugs and it’s not too humid so I want to enjoy every bit of it I can. And what better way to enjoy a Saturday morning than go to the car auction?

That’s my home away from home when I’m in town and I should probably just get a job there and get it over with. I don’t know why I like it so much but I do. I love to see which cars go for how much and if anyone gets a steal. It’s a total study in human interaction.

Part of the reason I went is because Drew Olson is looking for a car and hates the whole process of looking for one. I love it so I told him I’d see if anything came through. I saw a couple of possible deals but nothing fantastic so I said hello to the other regulars and left.

Today was a great day for outside exercise and I took advantage of it by going on a long walk yet again. My feet and legs were still throbbing from yesterday’s hike which was all the more reason to do it again today. I need to make exercise a habit and I’m starting to.

I started my diary almost 800 days ago now and I haven’t missed one yet so there might just be some hope that I can keep this up too. I already feel a lot better and I haven’t even gotten into a rhythm yet. If I do this right I’ll make exercise and health a way of life but it isn’t there yet. I just need to keep doing what I’m doing for a while and remove the dust.

One thing that’s really dusty is my dating situation. I have quite a few women I like and have been in contact with recently but none of them could go out tonight and I sat around with no gig and no date. Saturdays are for fun. It’s no fun to sit around with nothing to do.

I suppose I could have really pursued a gig or a date for tonight and would have rustled up something of dubious quality on either end but I just went with the flow and there isn’t anything flowing tonight. I usually work on a Saturday night so I’m not used to this at all.

I’ve spent my entire life working on Saturday nights and that’s probably why I’m single. I’m the one that entertains the dates when they come out so the guys can score with all the women that laughed at me to get them in the mood. Ouch. That’s not a pleasant thought.

Way back when I started I had a day job at the Boston Store in Milwaukee. That was the best time of my life and I didn’t realize it. That place was absolutely PACKED with sexy women who worked there and I knew them all. I worked as a ‘flyer’ so I went to all of the departments and filled in when there was a need. I got to know every chick in the joint.

Every lunch and break I had my pick of lovelies to choose from and I did. I was 22 and so were they and one was hotter than the next but I was too stupid to know what I had. To me comedy was more important and I was going to let nothing get in my way of doing it. Now all these years later I wish I was back at Boston Store with my pick of the hotties. It probably won’t ever be like that again and on a Saturday night alone that makes me sad.

No comments: