Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fed Up With Favre

Wednesday July 16th, 2008 - Chicago, IL

Brett Favre can kiss my pasty white buttocks. On second thought, no he can’t. That ugly stubble on his mouth would feel like steel wool. Who does he think he is anyway? He has totally worn out his welcome with me and I’ve been a Packer fan my whole life. Even I’m getting sick of hearing about this every time I turn on a radio, TV or computer. Enough!

He said, she said, they said, I heard, we heard, blah blah blah. It all makes me puke. I’ve got my own problems to work out and I don’t need to hear about a $100 million hillbilly’s perceived lack of respect. He had the worship of an entire state for 16 years and if he isn’t satisfied with that then I guess he can stay in Mississippi and mow his lawn and just pout.

It blows my mind how much press this is getting but it’s everywhere. Yes he was a very important part of the team and one of the greatest players to ever play football but I don’t think that’s a reason to behave like he has. It’s only a game but he’s making it out to be a matter of life and death and the whole thing is turning me off. I wish he would go away.

Yes I love it when the Packers win and he was a big part of that for many years but who says any one person is bigger than an organization? This is a great lesson for me because I see just how quickly a relationship can go south. I’m not the only one who feels the way I do and it’s polarizing a lot of people. There are proper ways to do things and ways not to.

I think he looks like a selfish ass. ‘I want to play.’ Hey, I wanted to play too but I wasn’t good enough. He was and maybe still is but then he shouldn’t have retired. Whatever it is I’m sick of hearing it and I turned off my TV and radio today and focused on my work.

That’s the best thing I could have done and I made some solid progress. My emails have been stacking up again but today I chopped them down significantly once more. It’s a big relief to do that and at least I got it down to being manageable. Motion is always good for creating more motion and I didn’t stop there. I started working on a lot of paperwork too.

I’m reworking my comedy classes once again and I will start teaching in the fall. I don’t intend to let a few backstabbing ex associates stop me from doing what I’ve spent a lot of years perfecting and I feel good that I spent time planning it out today. I feel rejuvenated.

I also started to make a ‘to do’ list which I haven’t had in a while. I’ve had a list before but this one is much more detailed. I broke my life down into the projects I really want to work on and made some notes as to what I need to do to keep a steady progress going. It’s well thought out and I spent several hours today working on it and getting it exactly right.

I also got word from the auction that my Toyota sold on Saturday. That’s great news in just the nick of time because I have car insurance due not to mention paying for repairing the Cadillac. This will help me get one step closer to keeping things more manageable in my life. Brett Favre has $100 million dollars or more to play with and I don’t. That’s how it is. I need to make my own fortune because he’ll never help me anyway. I’m ok with it.

No comments: