Sunday, December 21, 2008

HOW Long Until Spring??

Sunday December 21st, 2008 - Kenosha, WI/Lake Villa, IL

That Old Man Winter sure knows how to make an entrance. He’s managed to get all our attention by dropping the temperature like Madonna drops her panties - super quickly and right to the floor. This is the kind of weather that makes old people flock to move south. I want to move south myself right now and I don’t give a flock if anyone comes with me.

Other than the brutal blast of arctic freeze everything else is feeling good. I’m back in a good groove again and feel in sync with where I’m supposed to be. What I’ve been really noticing in the last few months is that my lows are getting not as low and they don’t seem to last as long as they have in the past. My last low point came and went rather quickly.

I’m taking this as a good sign and I’m claiming it. I don’t expect things to always be as my grandfather would say ‘Hershey bars and Archie comics’ but I don’t want it to be all a big nightmare either. I’ve had my share of bad lumps and now it’s time to catch a break.

This is the shortest day of the year and I’ll use that as a symbolic day to start heading to a higher level. It’s only upward from here. I love a challenge and I’ve got a few on tap for the new year. I spent the day looking over my projects and making plans to get it started.

Comedy classes were the focus today. I made a list of the top twelve people who I plan to work with this year and am calling them ‘Dobie’s Dozen’. I am going to build projects from scratch and I need to have teams of quality people in place. I can’t do it all myself.

I’ve got a dozen really good people in place to help me build the classes up to a higher level than they were before and they were pretty good before. My ex partner is motivating me to do this because he tried to attack my passion. He may have stolen some money and a few of my ideas but there’s no way he or any other con artist will duplicate my passion.

I am surrounding myself with quality people and it’s up to me to find their proper place in the mix. Some of them are just good people and there isn’t really a place right now but I still want them around anyway. As it grows I will find a place to put them if they want.

I’m glad there was no football to watch today because it let me get my thoughts straight. I’ll hang out tomorrow with Bill Gorgo and Jim McHugh and watch the Packers play the Bears but that will be mainly to hang out with Bill and Jim. The game will be secondary.

Tonight I had a fantastic time on WLIP with the Mothership Connection. That’s another project I need to improve in the new year and I found an important piece tonight. We had a great guest on named ‘Dr. Destruction’ who hosts a horror movie TV show and lives in Kenosha. He was on before when the show was in the afternoon and he fit in very well.

I’d been meaning to get him on again but we weren’t able to hook it up until tonight and he was even better this time than last. He’s a very interesting and intelligent guy and I felt us click. He wants to be a regular and he’s going to be excellent. There’s hope for us yet!

No comments: