Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Rumble Keeps Me Humble

Tuesday December 2nd, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

Things are starting to come together for me in a lot of ways. I can feel it and I like it. If I can keep this vibe going all of my dreams are going to come true and that’s almost a scary thought after a lifetime of struggle. Sometimes living in squalor or lack can become habit.

That’s one habit I really want to break. I honestly believe life was meant to be lived at a high level and I always did but since childhood people have been trying to beat that out of me. Sometimes it feels like they were right after all but now I know I was right all along.

It’s not just material possessions I‘m talking about. YES, I admit I want to have a lot of money and I am not ashamed of that at all. I want to experience the thrill of earning it and not screwing anyone out of it unfairly. I want to get back what I put out and I want that to be an overwhelmingly positive vibe of inspiration and humor to as many others as I can.

The reason I want that money is to be able to give it all away if I want. And I want to do as much of that as I can. I have very low standards actually and as long as I have the basic needs like food, clothing, shelter and transportation I can focus my thoughts on creativity and helping those who really need it and encouraging others who struggled just like I did.

As I get older I see that struggle is not necessarily a bad thing at all. It does build a hard callous and that’s not always pleasant but it sure is necessary in life. I’ve had more than a few faces full of sand kicked my way and now whenever it happens nothing fazes me.

The bullet proof vibe I’m in now is wonderful. I wish I could claim it was totally me but I can’t honestly say that. For whatever reason I am cruising along in a mental space that is firing on all cylinders. I see things big picture and I am making some very solid decisions.

Today I received an email from Linda Perret saying she is interested in teaming up on a correspondence comedy course. She would be the administrator and I trust her implicitly. I also got an email from a person I worked with last year asking me to teach a course at an outstanding university in the Midwest. Wow! Where did this come from? I don’t know.

Cyndi at Pheasant Run Zanies said there are groups asking her about classes and I’m the one who would teach those too. Then to top it off Jeff Foxworthy is coming in a couple of weeks and they want someone to act as an emcee for the whole evening and it looks like I have the inside track on that gig too. I couldn’t believe all these emails in one single day.

Everyone through the years who has told me I would ‘make it’ said it would just happen one day. The stars would align and things would start to happen and before I knew it what I always wished for would start to be a reality. I must admit I had a hard time believing it.

That was then. This is now. Now I believe every word of it. Whatever happens all I will focus on is how much I can give to others. I don’t matter at all and I know that. I want my life to be an inspiration and an object of study for generations to come. I feel the rumble.

No comments: