Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Tuesday August 17th, 2010 - Lake Villa, IL

   I’m on a roll. My life is changing in a very positive way, and I’m going to take credit for it. I was the one who programmed it into the master computer of life, aka the cabbage that rests on my shoulders - my brain. I’m FINALLY starting to practice what I’ve read about.

   All the great self help books talk about how we are in control of our lives, and if we are not satisfied with our results we can choose again. It sounds great in theory, but from my experience very few if anyone ever actually works to make it happen. I’m doing it and it’s really starting to happen. I can feel tangible results, and I know my thoughts started it all.

   It’s a lot of little things, but they’re all starting to come together. I feel it very much and I’ve always been one to go by feel. The ship gigs are coming along unexpectedly, but at a perfect time. I’m hearing about other comedians I know talking about doing them and the advantage in that situation is going to be mine. I can do clean shows, most of them can’t.

   I can also do ‘prison time’ alone quite easily. I’ve had to since I was a kid. I like myself as corny as that sounds, and am not trying to constantly find ways to abuse myself during my free time. I’m going to use all that time to build something else as I build my act with this new venue that has presented itself unexpectedly. I have income, and time to work.

   I also got an email from my friend Rich in Milwaukee telling me he’s helping me piece out my skyscraper stack of sports cards, and has sold some stuff already for $2100. I trust Rich, and he said it was a good and fair deal so I appreciate it. It’s some breathing room.

   Whether I take a loss or not, the money is needed now, and it’s coming in. It feels right, and I can honestly say I’ve learned my lesson the total hard way. That’s the best way, and hopefully that particular lesson is done. NO more cards, at least not on a level like that.

   Live and learn, and I sure did on that one. But…now it’s almost over, and that will drift away and I’ll be on to other things. That’s what I’m so excited about. It feels like my total being inside and out is finally on the same page, or heading there quickly. It’s a big deal.

   I also kept on working on sorting through every shred of what I own looking for my tax records. There was a box I must have looked at 500 times, but I never thought I’d put it in there. But I did. I dumped it out and there they were, and it felt like I won the big lottery.

     These are all little piss ant seemingly meaningless things that don’t have significance to anyone but me, but I can see plain as day the effect that it’s all having as it comes together in real life. I put the idea in my head to cleanse everything in my life and turn my finances around and get things going in a good direction. It’s doing exactly that, and I called for it.

   We can all do this, but I see how most of us don’t. It’s easier to complain than to go out and actually DO something about it. You watch, things are happening for me in a positive way like never before. I’m back out on the ship starting tomorrow, and I‘m excited to go

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary