Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Does Fun Count?

Sunday October 28th, 2012 – Burlington, WI/Kenosha, WI

   Does it matter in the big scheme of life that I am having an absolute blast and doing practically all the things I really enjoy? Unfortunately not in the least - but it sure does to me. I might not be rich or famous on a national or worldwide scale, but I’m squeaking by and I’m known enough to be able to keep doing the things I want to do. It might not be perfect, but I am living my dreams.

   I really don’t think it would take all that much to put me into a very good place that would last the rest of my life. My needs and wants are laughingly few, and I’m old enough now ‘the rest of my life’ isn’t all that intimidating. If I had to put away money to live comfortably ‘for the rest of my life’ it wouldn’t put a dent in what most rappers probably spend on jewelry and dental gold.

   A modest living arrangement that meets my simple needs and a reliable car are pretty much all I’d want, and that’s all I want now. I’ve never had extravagant tastes, and if I ever do hit that big money pay dirt windfall I’ve always been waiting for I’d probably end up giving most of it away.

   I truly think that would be much more fun than spending it on myself. I’d love to be able to get up every morning and look for ways to make people’s lives better. I try to do that now, but it can get a little distracting having to constantly worry about if I’ll have enough to pay bills this week.

   Today I didn’t worry about anything other than having fun doing what I enjoy. I took a ride up to the Sci Fi Café in Burlington, WI to attend the final day of the Burlington Vortex Conference, and it was worth my trip and then some. I got to take in some fascinating speakers including Don Schmitt who has been a friend for years. He’s an authority on the Roswell UFO crash from 1947.

   Don is living his dream, and his book ‘Witness to Roswell’ is one of my favorites. There was a movie made based on it and another one is close to being finalized for production in 2013 which is very exciting. I always love hearing Don speak, and it’s even more fun knowing he’s a friend.

   The final speaker of the weekend was a fascinating lady named Bonnie Meyer. She blew us all away with her presentation, and had some video clips of people’s UFO encounters. Bonnie is one of the most credible people I could imagine, and that’s what makes her story even more amazing.

   She claims to have been visited by aliens thirty years ago, and they still come to see her once in a while. I know it sounds crazy and I can’t prove it’s real, but she sure does tell her story without flinching. She was one of the best guests we’ve ever had on the air, and she was even better live.

   I’ve got her two books ‘Alien Contact’ and ‘Unholy Alliance’, and I recommend you check the both of them out. You don’t have to believe, but I guarantee it will get your brain spinning. I love everything about topics like this, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. It’s outstanding entertainment.

   That carried over to The Mothership Connection radio show on AM 1050 WLIP.  We had been talking about doing a Ouija board demonstration for years, and tonight was the night. It made for a riveting radio bit, and all I could think of was how much fun I’m having with all I’ve got going.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: