Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tin Foil Hats Off

Sunday October 14th, 2012 – Kenosha, WI

    I don’t remember when or where I read it or what the exact quote is, but the message is ringing loudly between my ears. It was something about how everything worthwhile we ever aspire to do will take many times longer and cost many times more than we originally think in the beginning.

   Boy is that turning out to be true. There’s no way I ever thought I’d be where I am this far into the game, but the last thing I need to do is quit now. It feels like I’ve run 999 yards instead of 99, and sometimes I think the end zone doesn’t exist. But I’ve come this far so I’m hoping it’s there.

   At one time I was planning on doing a crazy end zone dance and hamming it up for the camera, but I don’t feel that way at all now. I’ve been running so long and taking so many hits, if I should happen to score the big one I’ll flip the ball casually back to the referee with little fanfare and get back to the sidelines to finish the game. It’s far more important for my team to win than myself.

  Personal achievements don’t really mean anything without the ability to share them with others, and I’m more concerned with their well being than my own. I mean it. The real thrill in life is the chance to work with others and build something worthwhile together. That’s what it’s all about.

   I wish it weren’t so difficult to pull off, but it totally is. It does take longer and cost more to put anything worthwhile together, but hopefully the harder something is to build the harder it will be to tear apart. I’ve been in the building process for so long, it would be nice to see the final result.

   I think we’re finally getting close to the end zone with The Mothership Connection radio show on WLIP in Kenosha, WI. We’ve been having consistently solid shows of late, and it’s sounding more and more like a real radio show all the time. We’ve got a top level roster of guests, and I’m feeling extra good about the on air team. After several adjustments, this is the best crew to date.

   There were lumps, bumps and humps to get over and it took a lot longer than I thought, but I’m finally feeling like we’re getting ready to fly. I could easily fill five nights a week with this show, and I think in the right situation there would be a demand for it.
We’re a palatable mix of ‘Coast To Coast AM’ and a fun morning show, and we’ve got a positive energy between the members.

   We’re making top level contacts throughout the paranormal realm from psychic types to ghost hunters to UFO experts – two of which we featured for the entire program tonight. Micah Hanks and Scotty Roberts have a big UFO conference coming up this week in Minneapolis called “The Paradigm Symposium” and they booked some of the top speakers in the field. It’s an all star cast.

   I thought about trying to pull off a similar event, but I wouldn’t have been able to come even a little bit close to what these guys have going. They did it right, and my tin foil hat is off to them. The website is www.paradigmsymposium.com and there are still some limited tickets available.

   I would love to attend this conference, but I have my own projects bubbling that need attention. Still, it’s fun to have all this creative energy around me. Sooner or later, something will pay off.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: