Friday, September 19, 2008

Asleep At My Wheel

Friday September 19th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

I thought I’d really wasted my day today but it turned out OK at the end. I had planned on taking the whole day to get caught up with emails and calls and I woke up early to get started but I was still tired so I fell back to sleep and didn’t wake up until almost noon.

I don’t know why I was that tired and I couldn’t believe my watch as I looked at it when I woke up again. I farted around for a while and checked my email which had now added even more to the pile and I started to answer some of them but my heart wasn’t really in it so I flipped through the TV channels looking for some inspiration or motivation or boobs.

I settled on the Cubs game and watched them get pounded for a few innings and then it seemed like a good idea to take a nap. I’d just wasted the morning so why not make a day of it? I nodded right off and woke up at 7:30pm. Now I’d wasted the entire afternoon too.

This is not like me at all. If I have one trait it’s action and usually I’m out doing at least SOMETHING even if it’s not 100% focused on making me a rich and famous comedian. I usually am hanging out at a thrift store or car auction or sports card show or something.

Hibernating the day away like a bear is not usually something I do and I have no reason for it other than that’s what I did. I don’t feel sick and I don’t feel the blackness of a dark depression spell so I have no excuses. I fell asleep for almost a whole day and that’s that.

I did feel pretty good the second time I got up though. I felt rested and relaxed and sharp mentally so rather than get angry about the day I thought I wasted I tried to figure out how I could salvage it and make it worth my while. I ended up re-watching ‘The Secret’ video.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it and I fell in love with it all over again. It changed my life when I first saw it and I need to keep filling my head with it and things like it. We all can benefit from the Law of Attraction because like gravity it’s a factor constant to us all. What we think about most becomes our reality. Period. I sometimes let my head wander.

Seeing that video was exactly what I needed today to put me in a good space. Yes I did snooze away the day but I guess I needed to wipe away some fatigue or whatever it was I slept away and now it seems like I’m back in sync with the universe. I feel back in stride.

I’m still going to get busy and put a dent in what I need to get done this weekend but I’ll be in a good mental space when I do it. I have to get ready to teach classes again and put a plan of action together to make Uranus Factory Outlet a reality and reshape my whole life so I can pack in all the things I really want to do and weed out the useless things I don’t.

Sleeping away one day out of my life won’t kill me. I’ve done it before but not too often so if it’s only today I’ll be ok. If I do it again tomorrow I won’t be happy about it so rather than worry about it I’ll just go with the flow. I feel fresh and ready to start working on my dreams. Good thing I’m not married. Most wives would probably not have let me do this.

No comments: