Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday Fun

Sunday September 9th, 2007 - Lake Villa, IL

Packers win. Bears lose. Anything after that is gravy. Today was the opening day of the NFL season but I didn’t want to spend it inside watching TV because it was a perfect day to be outside enjoying the weather. This time of year is the best in Chicago and there will be plenty of days to rot on a couch somewhere and stare at football when it’s snowing.

Today was spectacular in the weather department. Sunny with a breeze and no humidity. I had some friends invite me to their rummage sale in the city and I went just to get out for a while. I ended up stopping at a few more and picked up some stuff to use as bonuses for people who buy a CD at a show. I always wanted to give away a bonus of some sort to all the people who buy something and now I have a bag of trinkets stuffed with cheap prizes.

Marketing gimmicks is something I really enjoy. I don’t know if I’m good at it but I like it. Finding out what sells and what the right price is is a game and I want to play it more. I have taken a mail order course from my friend Melvin Powers out in California and he has made millions in his lifetime and said it can still be done today. That intrigues me totally.

I listened to football all the way home and it’s always great when the Packers win. It’s a double treat when the Bears lose because there is a post game call in radio show hosted by two former Bears Doug Buffone and Ed O’Bradovich that’s classic radio. They holler and scream and swear and the callers whine and snivel and as a Packer fan it’s pure ecstasy. It is some of the most entertaining talk radio I’ve ever heard and I never get sick of listening.

What I really needed to do today was get my class paperwork ready for tomorrow. I’ve got a new class session starting and we’re going to record it to be hopefully sold online or as a DVD. I’ve tried it in the past but I always feel constricted by a mike when I teach. I’m one to ad lib and walk around the class to make a point but I can’t do that when we tape.

I spent several hours editing my old sheets and reworking some new ones so they all will come together and make a nice flow for both me as a teacher and for the students also. I’ll feel better knowing I put the time and effort into it that I’ve been meaning to do for a long time now. I know what I’m teaching but for a while now the worksheets I have been using have been outdated. Not anymore. I am organized and ready to go - for this week at least.

Next week I’ll need to do it all over again but I hope to do that while I’m in Toledo later this week working. That’s a great way to be productive on the road and I like to get things done instead of sit in a hotel and flip through the cable system. I have a busy week planned and they will all start getting busier if I have anything to say about it. It’s time for me to be cranking out products as much as I can. It took all these years to learn my craft, now I will make it pay off by creating some products to sell so I won’t have to starve when I’m old.

Today was very productive even though I invested a lot of time I could have used to get something else done. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to and tomorrow I will have no regrets in class. The students will get a bargain for sure. I hope it all translates on video.

No comments: