Sunday, September 30, 2007

No Time For Football

Sunday September 30th, 2007 - Lake Villa, IL

A beautiful day today all around. I got a lot of things done and am in a good mindset for heading into the fourth quarter of 2007. This has been a very eventful year on many levels and I want to keep the momentum going into next year. This is the most important time of my entire life. I’ve paid a lot of dues and if anything is going to come of it it will be soon.

I didn’t watch any football at all today because I had too many other things to do. Those guys have their money and I don’t so even though I would have loved to rot in front of the tube and overdose on pigskin I didn’t. Instead I used today to do my once a month chores. I did some laundry, got my car washed, planned for my class tomorrow and got a haircut.

There is a haircut place not far from me I went to a few months ago and had one of the hottest women I’ve ever seen in my life cut my hair. Her name is Eva and she is stunning. I love brunettes and she has long black straight hair and a gorgeous face and a spectacular body and she’s nice too. She’s 24 and I feel like I’m officially old. I know Hugh Hefner is still going out with 24 year olds but that doesn’t seem right. I did enjoy my haircut though.

I knew women like that when I was 24 but I was too busy chasing the dream of comedy that I didn’t know what I had. Now they’re all 44 and I wonder how any of them held out. It’s great to have a hot body at 24 but life tends to beat up on everyone to a certain degree and it’s a whole different story in the 40’s. Plus, having someone to talk to is more what is needed in the long run than someone hot to gawk at. But still, Eva has it totally going on.

Maybe I’ll come back in twenty years when I’m 64 and she’s my age now and that might even things out a little. Then I’ll see if she was as hot as I think she is now. But for now to have her stand next to me for twenty minutes was a highlight and I enjoyed every minute. I don’t usually get the hot chick to cut my hair so when it does happen I know I’m on a roll.

I am really enjoying my Mitsubishi Mirage. I took it to the car wash where they scrub all the crust and grime off inside and out and it was the best $20 I spent this week. They took all the auction markings off the windshield and scrubbed the interior and wheels and now I feel even better about the deal I got. Cars run better when they’re washed and now it feels like a new car. The paint still shines and it’s got nice pep. All I need now is a car stereo so I made an appointment at Best Buy near Gurnee Mills for tomorrow so I can get that too.

After that I went up to meet my friend Gary Pansch for lunch at the truck stop in Racine where he has gift certificates. I had a big steak and talked with Gary about his cartooning skills. He’s very good and I want to have him illustrate part of my new CD or DVD cover. He is very creative and I told him about my business idea and I think I can use him there as well. I love to be around creative people and banter around ideas. That’s what I live for.

I heard about the football games today and that the Packers won and the Bears lost. It is truly a landmark day when that happens and it’s been happening a lot lately. I’m glad I had the discipline to keep the games off and do some work today because I needed to do that.
I am really in a good mindset right now. My depression is not in the picture at all and the creative wheels are leaving skid marks all over my brain. I’ve got so many projects moving forward I am having a difficult time keeping up with them all but I’m really having a blast.

All of this stuff is what I really like to do so when I get something done it fuels the fire a little more to keep working on something else. I can feel a real snowball effect starting and that’s good because the snow will soon be flying and that’s the time when creativity wanes around these parts. Cold weather is not always conducive to hot ideas but I’m on a streak.

I have been pecking away this week at the movie script and that’s really a positive thing. It’s been sitting a while and the time seems right to get back to it. My writing partner Rick is ready to get back to it too and I sent him some scenes this week and he loved them all. I know he’s not yanking my chain and if he didn’t love them he’d tell me. This will get done like we said it would and I really feel good about our chances to sell it. It’s going to work.

Another thing that’s been dangling is my pending appearance on network television I’ve written about previously. I don’t want to mention the show because I don’t think it’s right until I actually get on. I’ve been cleared for an appearance and that’s great but now I need to get a four and a half minute set together that the talent coordinator agrees to let me do.

I hadn’t heard from that person in weeks and received an email yesterday saying I have a few changes to make on what I sent. Network television can be very picky about stuff like using brand names or copyrighted materials. Plus being television clean is important too.

I’m not very dirty at all as a rule and I can easily change whatever I need to. Now I have to get four and a half minutes accepted and I’ll be hopefully on the show soon. It’s a dose of my own medicine in a way because I pick at the material of my students all the time. To get it right back is funny to me. I know the material works because I road tested it but for a television audience club material doesn’t always fly. This is a different game to play now.

And that’s what it is - a game. I didn’t take anything personally on the email and I’ll get it fixed and resubmit my set and I’ll keep doing it if necessary until I get on the show. I’ve been at this way too long to know that it’s a numbers game and I need to get on some TV. Working in Oshkosh following filth fest is hard. Doing a few clean minutes on TV isn’t.

My plate is heaping for the next three months and I want to make sure I do as much as I can to get as much accomplished as I can. I am going to start walking every day and get in a groove of physical exercise. I have been in and out this year and better than before but it still is nowhere near where I need to be. I allowed myself a nice fat steak today and I had a delicious ice cold Pepsi to wash it down and it was delicious but now I need to transfer my discipline from other areas into my workout program. So far I don’t have one. That’s bad.

I guess there is a danger of biting off more than I can chew but I feel like time is running and I don’t want to miss anything. It’s taken me so long to get here that I want to drink all of it in and enjoy each day to the fullest. Today was a great vibe and I want to continue it.

No comments: