Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Monday No Fun Day

Monday October 15th, 2007 - Lake Villa, IL

Everything about today was unpleasant. I’m glad it’s over. I woke up early and watched the early news on CNN Headline News partly because I wanted to see the news and partly because I’ve had the hots for Robin Meade since she was a news anchor in Chicago. She’s gorgeous and always starts my day off great no matter how bad the news is. She’s married of course and I will probably never get to meet her in person but I still tune in to see her.

Of course she wasn’t working today but her replacement was pretty hot herself. Is there a news babe on any of the networks that isn’t sexy? CNN and Headline News and Fox are all packed with stunners and I can see why they do it. Who would watch bad news from a pig faced wildebeest? Those babes must get stalked by all kinds of wackos worse than me.

I read a little and then went back to sleep for a little bit before heading up to Milwaukee so I could attend the funeral of Tony Miller. Funerals are never fun but this one was nasty on several levels. First, it was very sad to see Tony lying in a coffin. I found out he was 42 years old and had stomach cancer which is just wrong on a lot of levels. I didn’t know him as intimately as I’ve known a lot of comedians but we never had a cross word between us. I have nothing but positive memories of him and one time he even came to Chicago to get looked at by Bert Haas at Zanies and I was able to host the show and give him a very nice intro and he ended up having a fine set. He was extremely grateful and shook my hand like I had just paid his rent for six months. He really was a classy person and very well liked by a lot of people as evidenced by the attendance at the funeral home. He drew a nice crowd.

There were a couple of people I didn’t want to see and I just avoided them the best way I could. One was a club owner up there who is a bully and a weasel and rips off comedians with no conscience about it. He owes me $400 from 1994 which I’ll never see and I didn’t want to cause a scene out of respect for the memory of Tony. Tony was classy and he was the reason I was there, not to tangle with that other fat bag of human rubbish. What would starting (or finishing) an argument prove? I haven’t seen him since 1994 for a reason. Too bad I didn’t file a small claims action when I could have but I didn’t want to drag it all out any more than it already was. Looking back on it I wish I would’ve but it’s too late now.

The other was one of the comedy ‘teacher’ maggots who has been running my class into the ground in media interviews. He saw me and scampered the other way like the weasel I know he is and I just didn’t want to get involved in all of that. The whole thing was not an enjoyable experience but I did want to show up out of respect for Tony and his family. He HAS to be in a better place now and I know he has nothing to regret about how he lived.

Then I had to go to Chicago and confront a person very close to me who ‘borrowed’ an unspecified amount of money from a bank account of mine. I don’t want to get into it now or here but he got me pretty good and I found out about it by accident. It really rocked my world and took me by total shock. It was a business situation and I trusted him with some money that was supposed to be ‘ours’ which ended up ‘his’. I am not sure what I will have to end up doing but none of it was pleasant at all. I feel like I’ve aged ten years in one day.

No comments: