Tuesday, May 13, 2008

30 Days Away

Tuesday May 13th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

Another spectacular sunny day. Something about sunshine really puts me in a groove of life that makes me feel good. Maybe I should move somewhere else where it’s sunnier for a longer period of time. I really did love living in L.A. when I did but I ran out of money.

If I can make enough money to live wherever I want I will seriously consider moving to someplace warm again in a hurry. For now it doesn’t really matter though. I’m happy with living around Chicago. I love it here and it’s comfortable. Winters aren‘t a deal breaker.

I had a major mental enema today and I needed it. The weather was great so I took a big pile of laundry over to the Laundromat near my bank. I got to flirt with the bank manager who is really sharp and funny and then I went right next door and climbed Mt. Laundrus.

Doing laundry isn’t my favorite task but I don’t hate it. It’s very cathartic and gives me a feeling of accomplishment which is always positive. Getting my clothes clean put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Today is the 13th and I’ve adopted that as ‘my’ day as Mr. Lucky. I’m not superstitious at all and I don’t mind being associated with the number.

I used to send my monthly newsletters out on the 13th and I need to get that going again. I was going to do it last month but I got behind and then fell into the doldrums after all of my trouble in Topeka. I’ve been blowing it off and I need to stop blowing and start doing.

Next month’s 13th is a Friday and I always want to make those an event if I can. The last time I did that I got kicked off the Bob and Tom show but at least I tried to get the biggest bang for my buck. That situation is still a sore spot and I am dumbfounded as to how they all got so angry over such a non event. Was it because it was Friday the 13th? I doubt it.

That’s in the past and I won’t be able to change it anytime soon. I’m on WLS which is a much bigger station than any of the ones they’re on so I guess I rebounded quite nicely. In the big scheme of things none of this means anything anyway but it feels good to be on in Chicago. There are enough people here to make me a nice living and that‘s all I‘m after.

I really have to get my Uranus Factory Outlet business up and running. I have no excuse as to why it’s not up yet and I’m disappointed with myself for not doing it. I’ve been in an all over the place mode for a few months and it’s not acceptable to me at all. I don’t like it and I won’t tolerate it. I’m going to force myself to get the project up by Friday June 13th.

When I was doing my comedy CD back in 2003 I was farting around exactly like this. I knew I needed one but would make stupid excuses as to why it wasn’t out. Bert Haas said he would cancel my bookings at Zanies if I didn’t have it finished in 30 days and I did it.

As soon as I had a deadline I cranked it right out and it turned out very well. I’ve sold a lot of them and have received a lot of nice compliments and gotten work from it too. This is a very similar situation. I’ve got my deadline so now I need to breathe life into Uranus.

No comments: