Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunny Side Up

Sunday May 4th, 2008 - Kenosha, WI/Lake Villa, IL

A beautiful sunny day today was exactly what I needed to chase some of my pain away. I love the sunshine and it always helps me think better thoughts at least a little. I’m totally sick of being in this rut and I’ll try just about anything to help me climb out of the mud.

I hauled my lazy carcass out of the rack early so I could scrub up and get moving. Being stuck in a basement isn’t what’s going to make me want to conquer the earth so I decided to attack the day and see if I could get some momentum going. The sunny weather helped put me in a much better mood as I got into my car and headed over to get some breakfast.

There’s a place right over the Wisconsin border on Highway 45 called The Red School House and they are only open for breakfast and lunch. There’s a waitress there I like and I thought it would cheer me up to at least have a shot at flirting with her or asking her out.

Of course she wasn’t in my section today or I wasn’t in hers or whatever the case was I didn’t get to talk to her but she was working and she smiled because she’d recognized me from being in there before. I smiled back but the place was packed and we didn’t interact any more than that but at least I made the effort. The breakfast was good and then I left.

I needed a haircut so I went over to the place I’ve been going the last few months and it worked out that I got the hottest one there by luck of the draw. Her name is Eva and she is absolutely stunning. I’ve had her before and she’s funny and smart and smells great and it was worth double what she charged me just to have her rub up against me as she worked.

I didn’t tell her I have been in a foul mood lately and I’m glad I forced myself to get out and at least mingle a little. I tend to be a hermit and shut myself off from people and right now that’s not what I need to be doing. I need to surround myself with positive energy.

We did a Mothership Connection radio show this afternoon on AM 1050 WLIP. We did have a pair of guests tentatively scheduled to talk about UFOs but they cancelled on us on short notice so we had to make a quick backup plan and call an audible. We pulled it off.

Jimmy Novack loves to talk about Bigfoot and we pieced together a Bigfoot show at the last minute. He had some great audio clips from the internet and we connected with a guy out in California who has been tracking them down for 35 years. He came on with us and was really interesting even though he had to leave abruptly because he had a commitment.

It’s great when things like that come together and we had a fun show. I don’t know how we’ll ever make any money with this but at least we’re having fun with it. The other guys are easy to work with and they‘re getting into it every week. We’re not far away with this.

These are the kinds of things that will get me out of my funk. Wallowing in pain or self pity isn’t a way to live a life and I never wanted to do that. I want to be a winner and have a happy ending to my story. It will be a lot happier if I can keep myself in the sunshine.

No comments: