Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fourth Quarter Fast Start

Wednesday October 1st, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

Pretty good effort today. I put in a solid 16 hour work day trying to figure out how to do all the things I’ve let stagnate the past few months. I knew I couldn’t do them all in a day but I did at least get started on a few of them. It felt fantastic to get that momentum going.

I got up at 6:30am and took a nice long brisk walk. I had been pretty good at making a conscious effort to get at least a 20-30 minute walk in but I’ve been letting it slide for the past little while. Plus I’ve been eating badly again too. That’s a constant fight and I won’t make any bold blithering predictions I’ll never keep. I love crappy food. It tastes yummy.

I’m never going to make the Olympics so that’s a little pressure off but I would like the opportunity to take my shirt off at the beach again without feeling like I’m impersonating a piece of chewed bubblegum. Heart attacks don’t sound like a party either. I’m probably carrying enough grease inside my aorta to deep fry a water buffalo. Time to clean it out.

I had an apple right when I woke up and I fasted the rest of the day. I only drank water and I feel fine. I’ve been reading about fasting for years and at some point I’m interested in working my way up to a long one because I’ve read so many positives about that. It’s a total cleanse of not only the body but the spirit too apparently. I want to experience that.

For now it’s just for a day. I could really use to drop some flank soon though so I’ll be conscious about what I eat for the next few months and without being gross try to cleanse the old colon. I’ve got a book on it and most of us are horribly clogged. I know I am too.

I keep saying doing what I’ve been doing isn’t working so changing it is necessary. This was a good day all around because I not only exercised and fasted but I took some time to FINALLY reconnect with some bookers. I’ve been meaning to do it for months but I blew it off because of all the other stuff I had going. Today was the day to finally take action.

I contacted a dozen bookers who I already work for and with every email I sent I felt my self worth rise a little bit more. I am a good comedian and a good person and I need to get out there and ply my trade. I made a nice effort to start getting back in touch with people.

Uranus Factory Outlet is a priority so I made time to sit and read through some of those mail order books that have been gathering dust on my shelf. I’ve got a lot to learn but I’m willing to make an effort to learn it. I’m glad I made the time to sit and read for a while.

I also had to go to the dentist to get fitted for my final crown - and it had nothing to do with being the King of Uranus. I had to cancel an appointment and this was my makeup. I sat in the chair and bled and got drilled and it was not fun at all. It will wipe out my cash.

There’s nothing I can do about it so I had to sit and take it. I didn’t let it ruin my entire day though. I came home and worked on my comedy class worksheets too. These are the things I’ve been wanting to get to and at least I made the effort to start. But will I finish?

No comments: