Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Super Cincinnati Seminar

Saturday October 18th, 2008 - Lawrenceburg, IN/Lake Villa, IL

Today was about as busy as it could possibly get and everything I did was fun. I doubt if a whole lot of other people can say they’ve bathed their lives in everything they enjoy but even if I’m not rich yet at least I am doing what I love. Today was a 21 hour love-a-thon.

I crawled out of bed at 3am to head for Cincinnati to teach my comedy seminar. I didn’t make my original plan of getting down there on Friday night and I was hoping that would not come back to bite me in the ass. Road construction or bad weather or both would do it and I hoped for the best as I packed my car with my big box of supplies and headed south.

Traffic was as light as I can remember seeing it in years and I breezed through all of the construction zones that have tormented me so often in the past. It was to the point of not a car on the road for several stretches and I could just feel the vibe for the day be positive.

It’s very strange how it works both ways and I can sense either one. When it’s bad I can feel myself missing traffic lights or being behind one toothless mook after the next who is babbling on a cell phone, smoking a cigarette and clogging the toilet when I’m late for an important appointment. Today was just the opposite. The world opened it’s doors for me.

I was out of Chicago in no time and on my way toward Cincinnati and I thought of how much I really do love teaching these seminars. It’s a blast to put all the lessons together to help people chase a dream or just come out and spend a fun day. I love being a comedian too but this is an offshoot of it that I’m really glad I pursued. I have found a new passion.

I pulled into the Top Shelf Grille sports bar parking lot in Lawrenceburg, IN at 10:50am and the event was scheduled to start at 11. PERFECT timing. I’m not used to that and it’s a real treat when it works out. I found the joint with no glitches and the day started great.

It finished great too. My friend Michelle Minella organized this and she’s really loving her whole experience with comedy. She took a one day seminar at Zanies in Vernon Hills a couple of years ago and now she’s parlayed it to running some rooms around Cincinnati and this is one of them. Lawrenceburg is right next to the Ohio border and a nice place.

Michelle spread the word to her people and sold them hard on the fact that this kind of a program would be an investment in their future and she is right. I appreciate her positivity and she sat in and participated in the class. She loved it. Everyone loved it. Including me.

I met some wonderful people and the food was great at the sports bar and it was totally worth every mile of the 706 of them on my round trip. I even got a bowl of Skyline Chili on my way out of town. I couldn’t go near Cincinnati and not chow down on their chili.

This was a wonderful day had by all. Michelle Minella is another example of why I still teach these classes. No embezzling ex partner can ever get in the way of this kind of good vibe and I will continue to keep it going and blow him and his minions out of the water.

No comments: