Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ancient Aliens Affinity

Wednesday October 26th, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   I have a new favorite television show of all time. It‘s “Ancient Aliens” on The History Channel. I watched a couple of episodes tonight, and was glued to my TV. I had it on as I was folding a load of laundry, but after a while I put the laundry down and just watched.

   That show really hits home with me. They have fascinating guests dissecting topics I’m interested in, and I never walk away without learning something new or having fodder to ponder on my exercise walks. The more I watch, the less significant I feel in the universe.

   Still, I find all of it so fascinating. For example, tonight they were talking about how the pyramids in Egypt are set up in direct accordance with the solar system. The big one is the sun, and the others perfectly represent the planets. Wow! That blows my miniature mind.

     Not only that, apparently Stonehenge in England is set up the same way. Amazing! I am constantly finding out new tidbits that make a lot more sense to me than religion ever did. Could what we refer to as ‘God’ be some sort of space being or race? I say absolutely yes, and it’s a lot more digestible to me than the bunko burger most of us are fed as children.

   Something somewhere is bigger than us. That might not be easy to accept with our egos on this planet, but it sure seems to be true. The more we find out, the less we know, but it makes me want to keep digging. This is way deeper than our pea brains are used to going.

   The sheer vastness of the universe alone can keep me mesmerized for hours, like a baby looking at a penny. I’ve spent my life traveling in one country on one continent on a small planet that isn’t even a tiny speck in the big picture of our galaxy, much less the universe.

   I remember driving through the most barren highways of Wyoming, Montana, Utah and especially Nevada where US Highway 50 is known as ‘The Loneliest Road In America’. I thought that was what enormous was, but in the bigger scheme of everything it’s all a big zilch. Our whole planet is a pathetic pebble, and I’ve only seen a minimal amount of that.

   All the people I’ve ever met personally don’t add up to even 1/100th of 1% of everyone who exists, and I’ll be long dead before I get the chance to put even a small a dent in that sorry statistic. I could go on like this all day, but after a while it makes my brain bubble.

   Human life is no more than a cramped collection of six billion rats in a cosmic cage. No matter how beautiful some parts of this planet may be, we’re stuck here with no way out - at least for now. Were we put here for a reason? If so, who put us here? Are we visiting or were we made here to stay here? I don’t have any solid answers, but I sure like exploring.

   This is why I love being part of “The Mothership Connection” radio show on AM 1050 WLIP in Kenosha, WI. I know I’m not the only one who likes to talk about these kinds of topics, and the popularity of Coast To Coast AM proves that. I’m open to a lot of schools of thought, but the key word is THOUGHT - and that’s what ‘Ancient Aliens’ provokes.    

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: