Saturday, October 22, 2011

Moammar No More

Friday October 21st, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   Same story. New names. Same results. It took a while, but the karma train finally pulled into Moammar Gadhafi’s personal station with a prodigious payload of payback and there isn’t a wet eye in the house. Another tyrant has tasted turf, and trick has turned into treat.

   This same repulsive scenario has played itself out over and over and over for thousands of years. There doesn’t seem to be any shortage of scumbags who seize power by bullying their way into a position of authority and then using it to make life hell for everyone else.

   Gadhafi is just the flavor of the week unfortunately. This kind of thing happens way too frequently. There was Osama Bin Laden before this, and Saddam Hussein before that, and the Ayatollah Cockamamie in Iran before them, and then there are the super famous slime sucking scum buckets of all time like Hitler, Mussolini, Amin, Pol Pot and Mao Tse-tung.

     But wait, there’s more! Russia had a hell of a pedigree with Stalin and Lenin and all of their underlings and Castro in Cuba is on that list whether he’s still alive or not. This isn’t even close to being a complete list either, and I don’t want to dig deeper because it would only make me even more disgusted. And it doesn’t stop there. It’s not only nation leaders.

   How about the corporate world meat grinder? That’s a little closer to home for most of us. I know I can relate. How many hard working honest people have lost their jobs for no real reason other than some power grubbing pud with daddy issues comes along and pulls the trigger without thinking? How many of those pukes get to dismantle countless lives?

   It all boils down to bully issues, and I admit I have them. It started with my father, and I still have a hard time backing down if someone does it now. I’ve gotten my nose bloodied more than once, but at least I stood up for myself when I thought I was getting picked on.

   Life is not supposed to be like that, at least not how I see it. You live your life your way, but if you try telling me what to do we’re going to lock antlers. The Gadhafis of the world don’t seem to get the fact the world doesn’t revolve around them, and it must bother them to the point of having to force their way into power so everyone will live in fear of them.

   This is exactly how my father operated. He wanted everyone to fear him, and he’d make life miserable for anyone and everyone he could bully including his kids, dogs and people who weren’t strong enough to think for themselves. He was the dictator of a tiny empire.

   Then he died, and nobody cared. There wasn’t an obituary in the paper and nobody took time to make even one phone call saying “Hey, I’m sorry your dad died.” It was but a tiny blip on the radar of life, and now it’s over. Gadhafi made a far bigger splash, but it wasn’t a positive one. I don’t see too many articles with people he helped coming to his defense.

   I want to go on record as saying I for one am absolutely delighted that bastard is finally DEAD - toupee and all. May the souls he tormented get justice - somehow, some way.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: