Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dinner With A Winner

Thursday June 5th, 2008 - Chicago, IL

More running around today but gas has dropped to $4.07 a gallon so I guess it’s ok. It’s amazing how in a panic everyone was just a couple of weeks ago but now nobody has any reaction to it at all. I don’t see anyone driving any less and most have stopped whining.

I have personally tried to drive a lot less but we all have places to go. Luckily I can have a little more control than others but when I don’t work I don’t have an income and I don’t enjoy that at all. I’ve been using the summer to get things done but eventually I’ll have to get back out there and start touring again to make a living. I’m trying to be smart with it.

I don’t know how smart I was today but at least I had fun. Lunch with Marc Schultz has become a weekly tradition and it’s a very enjoyable meeting on many levels. We have lots of things in common to talk about but the last few times it’s been the week at Zanies with Jerry’s Kidders. We’re trying to plan out how to make a nice DVD he can use to sell us.

We’ve already put more time and effort into this project than almost anything I’ve done in my comedy career but it can really be a big thing for us in the corporate market. This is a chance to showcase ourselves to people who can pay and it’s a wise investment of time.

Coming out of the restaurant I realized I left my keys in the car and Marc is in the habit of locking his door. I usually leave mine open for just that reason and sure enough we got locked out. I could see my keys in the ash tray along with the spare key I keep there too.

We had to stand outside in the hot sun for over an hour until AAA came and unlocked it in about 30 seconds. That was a good lesson. I’ll keep the extra key in my wallet and why I left my other keys in the ash tray I have no idea. I was talking to Marc and just did. Duh.

I headed into the city to pick up my mail at the UPS Store near Zanies and still no check from Topeka. This is really starting to twist my nipples and I just wish they’d send me the damn check and get it over with. I’m starting to think I’ll have to kick up yet another fuss.

This was a painful lesson that just doesn’t quit biting me in the arse but alas that’s what happened and now I need to move on one way or another. After that super show last night this is less painful but I still was promised my money and I want it. Business is business.

That was all on hold as I met with a potential comedy student who used to do TV sports in Quincy, IL. Her name is Bree Stewart and she’s 25 and a total knockout. She is hoping to explore comedy and has a very charismatic personality. We had some sushi and talked.

Benny Hill always had his ‘Hill’s Angels’ on his TV shows and it wouldn’t hurt to have a flock of ‘Heavenly Bodies From Uranus’ or whatever they will be called around me for effect. I am not out to exploit anyone but sexy women don’t hurt sales any and Bree has a great look and is very fun. We had a nice visit and she gave me a DVD of her TV stuff to check out and I did. There will always be a place for beautiful funny women on Uranus.

No comments: