Sunday, June 1, 2008

Indy Toilet

Sunday June 1st, 2008 - Kenosha, WI/Lake Villa, IL

I now have a new least favorite movie of all time. For many years it was ‘Robin Hood -Men In Tights’ by Mel Brooks. That was amazingly bad. Then came ‘Lord Of The Rings’ and I thought that was the biggest waste of three hours I’ve ever spent. Then came tonight when I wasted two and a half hours and $9.50 to see Harrison Ford lose all of my respect.

The last time I saw that much ripe manure in front of me I was in the animal barn at the State Fair. Is this what the American public is buying these days? I’m WAY off if that is where the tastes of the masses are. I was going to walk out but I had to see if there was a glimmer of hope it would get any better. It didn’t. I can’t believe that terd ever got made.

I used to have a lot of respect for George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. They have earned their reputations as being world class film makers and Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actors but this was a colossal waste of time in my opinion. I just sat there and had a wince the whole time as I watched the hackneyed ideas get thrown together one after the other.

This is why I don’t see a lot of movies. I had way better things to do with both my time and my money and I’ll think twice before doing it again. I guess I’m not who they’re after for the movie dollar these days. I thought for sure this would be decent but I was wrong.

Not the end of the world though. Life goes on and I doubt George or Steven will lose a wink of sleep knowing I didn’t like their latest movie. They’ll count their money and get on with their lives and I need to do the same. It’ll take way less time to count my money.

Looks like there will be a change in the Mothership Connection radio show. The station wants to keep it but Jimmy Novack has to quit because of his other job. I understand why but we’ll miss his input on the show. He brought enthusiasm and was fun to work with.

Stu James is a good guy but he’s the promotions director for both stations and he’s got a very full plate. I’ll have to carry most of the load on the show and I have my own heaping plate to deal with. I’m not sure if this is a wise thing to keep doing so I’ll think it through.

The WLS show is leading to something. We’re going to do the live shows at Zanies and after that we’ll shoot for doing smaller theatres. Then we’ll shoot for some bigger ones. It is a much better way to invest my energy rather than try to find wackos who see unicorns.

It’s been a year already since I moved out to Hooterville. Ah, Mayberry. Uh, Lake Villa. Same difference. It’s out in the sticks and now with gas prices through the roof I feel like I’m stranded even deeper. It’s not a bad situation though. I rarely see my roommate or her kids and when I do we get along fine. We leave each other alone and that works out great.

I hope I’m not here a year from now though. I want to get some income coming in and a reason to move into the city. ANY city. Except Milwaukee. I don’t ever want to live there again but I guess if I was making solid money I could fake it. But I hope I never have to.

No comments: