Thursday, January 29, 2009

Eruption Preparation

Thursday January 29th, 2009 - Lake Villa, IL

Something tells me a volcano of positive energy is about to erupt into my life and I had better be prepared when it comes. Little rumblings have been going off lately and I really believe it’s a warning sign of future events. There won’t be time for goofing around when it does blow so I’m battening down my life’s hatches and preparing myself as best I can.

I don’t want to miss my big chance, whatever that may be. I’ve got a lot of irons in a lot of fires right now and if one of them hits it could put the whole thing into hyperspace in a single day. I spent my whole life getting to this point so I have to be careful not to blow it.

My phone is starting to ring even more than usual and it’s people asking me for booking avails. I’m getting more emails than usual and much of that is the same thing. I am on the radar of bookers and I’m not complaining at all. I can use the work and will appreciate it.

The volcano I’m talking about is going to be some kind of a big break. Soon. I received another email from the talent booker of the Craig Ferguson show and she said she’d get a final date as soon as she could and thanked me for my patience. No problem. It will come.

It has to. Maybe not March 3rd or maybe not even the Craig Ferguson show even though I think I’d be a great fit on that program. But at some point I will get my shot to prove my worth to the national audience and they will accept it and like it. They already have on the local and regional levels. I’ve got the chops and the skills. All I need now is recognition.'

Comedy classes are starting to bubble too. I’m going to teach a one day seminar coming up on Saturday at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. I was asked to do it by the website www.rooftopcomedy.com who caters to college age people and showcases a lot of comedians’ video clips. I worked with them at Zanies when I hosted a contest they ran.

Little by little all these seemingly unrelated contacts and connections are starting to roll into one big contact and I can feel something big about to pop in the near future. I haven’t forgotten about the Jeff Foxworthy people and I hope to meet with them when I’m in L.A. for the television taping whenever that may be. That contact could be my biggest of all.

This is all coming together on a deeper level than I’ve ever had it come together before. I have persevered and recovered from a lot of my stupid mistakes and in other cases I’ve outlasted those who clashed with me and now they’re out of my way. I’m in a good space.

My old friend Ross Bennett called today. He’s a friend and a mentor and I think he’s an outstanding comedian and should be world famous. He had some trouble in his past much like I did. He got kicked off Bob and Tom just like I did too but he didn’t let it stop him.

Ross gave me a great pep talk today that I really needed. He told me I was a great comic and a greater person and how I didn’t need to go to L.A. and be anyone but myself. He’s a lifer like me and has been through the wars and he knows the ropes. His advice is golden.

No comments: