Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Morning Blending And D-Listing

Tuesday December 7th, 2010 - Milwaukee, WI/Kenosha, WI

   Today was a day of personal infamy, but in a very positive way. Everything I did was as fun as fun gets, and I got to hang out with all kinds of either great friends I haven’t seen in a while or meet new ones I’d like to see again. If every day was like today, my life would be as perfect as perfect gets. The vibe was great, and I enjoyed every single second of it.

   The first stop was in Milwaukee at WTMJ TV’s “The Morning Blend”. I’d been on that show before promoting my ‘Schlitz Happened!’ show at the Schauer Center In Harford in October. Everyone there was unbelievably nice, from the producers to the gorgeous hosts Molly Fay and Tiffany Ogle. They’re both smoking hot and complete sweethearts as well.

   They were doing a bit this morning called ‘The Man Panel’ and wanted to get opinions from a male point of view. I’m completely flattered that they thought of me to be part of it, and it was a total blast from start to finish. The other three guys were fun, and we let it rip because Molly and Tiffany let us. They know how to host, and everything went great.

   One of the other panelists was a guy named James T. Harris who hosts a fantastic radio show on WTMJ on weekends called ‘The National Conversation’. The guy is interesting and intelligent and I love listening to his show whenever I’m in town. Meeting him in the flesh was no letdown. He was a super nice guy and I hope they keep his show on the air.

   Another one of the guys was another WTMJ host, Dan O’Donnell. I listen to him quite a bit as well, as he does sports talk among other things. He’s also very good on the air and a nice guy off of it. All of us hit it off well, including the other guy who was in real estate and scared to death to go on camera. He did fine, and together we all made it a fun time.

   They must have great ratings, because I heard from a ton of people all day who’d seen it and thought we looked very good together. They quoted funny lines back I’d said that had made them laugh, and again I was reminded at just how powerful television is as a way to become known. I could do a year’s worth of club shows and not get feedback like today.

   After that I went to ESPN 540 and hung out on ‘The D-List’ for two hours with my old pals Drew Olson and Dan Needles. That’s also a guaranteed fun time and today was even more so. Trenni Kuznierek was also sitting in, and she really knows her stuff about sports without question. Between the four of us we went back and forth and time just flew by.

   Tonight I was invited over to my friend Mark Gumbinger’s house in Kenosha for what is becoming known as ‘movie night’. He has snacks and invites a crew of friends and we all watch a movie in his basement on a big screen entertainment center. Mark directed the movie I was in “Dead Air” and is a very creative and talented guy. Movie nights are great.

   Every one of the stops I made today was full of people I like and respect and I wish that life could be like this every single day. It’s far from it, so that’s why days like this have a special fondness in my heart. I appreciate everyone and hope I can see them all again.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: