Monday, December 24, 2007

A New Computer

Sunday December 23rd, 2007 - Lake Villa, IL

Now it’s to the point of being funny. When it rains it pours and when it pours it’s Flood City. I am the mayor today. Everything that pushes my buttons happened today and I feel like Christopher Reeve sitting in his wheelchair with all the bags full waiting for his nurse. I’m helpless to fight any of it so I just sat back and let it all unfold. What else could I do?

The first thing I needed to do was get a new computer. This isn’t something I have been planning to do and there probably isn’t a worse time to computer shop or shop period than two days before Christmas but that’s what I had to do so I did it. I arrived at Best Buy just in time to get ignored by four different sales clerks who didn’t look happy to be there so it gave me time to browse around a little and see what I might want to drop my money on.

I finally got some help from a guy who was very helpful actually and he helped me find a laptop with the toys I would probably need and a printer that I would definitely need and it all came up to about $1500 I really wasn’t planning on spending right now. I’m glad that I have been smart enough to save a few bucks but with all the storms that hit this year I will not have the cushion for 2008 that I thought I would. Between my teeth and cars and now this I’ll be eating weenies and beanies and bird seed and living in a basement like a spider.

The process of buying the computer is always torture. I had to buy all the extra things I know nothing about that they tell me I need but who knows if it’s true or not? All of that anti virus and spy ware crap is probably how Bill Gates gets money to go bowling but they always sell it to me and I always buy it. I had to wait a few hours and get it all installed so I took that time to walk through Target and watched everybody scampering to shop for all their presents. Then I went to a book store and read for a couple of hours to kill the time.

I could tell the Packers were going to get buried so I turned the game off in the first half before that set me off on a murder spree. I had to watch every mongoloid ape with a Bears jacket jump up and down in the store when they scored and I was just not ready for that at this point. I’ve suffered enough this week without that. I went to the book store to escape.

The harder I tried to focus on reading the more I kept thinking of the situation I am now in and how would I get out of it? I’m in a dangerous place right now because I can feel the good vibe I had leaving me and leaving quickly. In two days I went from just trying to get over Christmas to now just trying to stay alive. I have always had to trudge through all my past hurdles of Christmas and it always seems like when I think I have it licked it kicks me.

This last few days sure did kick me and kick me HARD. This is all very unfair but that’s how life is. I’m not the only one that has problems and I never said it was only me but still to think that some punk bastard has my computer with all my life’s work on it is painful.

It makes me feel helpless and angry and disillusioned with the entire human race. I don’t feel like this is my home planet anyway and now I feel like I’m drifting away even more. If there’s one good thing about it it sure put the Packers into perspective. Who really cares?

No comments: