Monday, December 10, 2007

Packers And Pillows

Sunday December 9th, 2007 - Chicago, IL/Lake Villa, IL

And on the seventh day the Lord rested. If it’s good enough for Him it’s good enough for me too. I have been running like a coke addict’s nose lately and I needed to take some time and relax a little. I slept in this morning and got up and started to page through some of the books I want to read in the next year. I doubt if I’ll get to them all but I do have all of them lined up on a bookshelf so I can at least see the titles. I enjoyed my reading time.

Then I went back to sleep again and took a nap. I needed it. I felt great when I woke up and then turned on the TV and saw the Packers were stomping the evil Oakland Raiders. I felt even better when I saw that and just vegged out in front of the TV and took it all in. If my world is crumbling around me and the Packers win it always puts me in a good mood.

It’s an addiction and a stupid one and I admit I’m hooked and right now it’s wonderful. I wish I could share this Packer fever with my grandfather and even my former best friend who robbed the bank and blamed it on me. We sat through an entire childhood of horrible Packer teams dreaming of a year like this and now we’re having one and I’m by myself. It was still fun to watch the second half of the game and I’m sure Gramps got to see it too.

Before the show at Zanies tonight I checked my emails and got a wonderful surprise that made my whole day. Michael Payne is in Parliament/Funkadelic and he sent me an email to tell me how hilarious he thought my comedy CD was. All I can think of is that when I met George Clinton in May I gave him one and he must have passed it around the tour bus. To get an email from a member of my all time favorite band made my whole day and more.

I am still way behind on emails because of my computer being gone for a week but I will try my best to catch up this week. I have scattered shows for the rest of the year and it will give me time to hopefully clear up everything I need to before going into 2008 with all my energy on Uranus Factory Outlet. I have books to read and a website to create and lots of products to develop and that will keep me quite busy. I hope by this time next year to be a lot busier filling orders and doing interviews and having a blast at whatever I’ll be doing.

The show at Zanies tonight was a total blast. There were only about 25 people but all of them were there to laugh. I gave them all I had and they loved it all and wanted more. I’d rather work to a group of 25 who want to see a show than 200 who are there to drink and babble incoherently the whole time. This was a small audience but a really good one. I had fun the whole time and they did too. I wish the whole week could have been this enjoyable but at least it ended on a good note. I earned my check this week and I won’t squander it.

Despite this recent blip on my radar things are still going very well. I still have my dream and it’s getting closer and closer. I am getting steady comedy work and people are calling me which is never a bad thing. I have enough money to live for the new year so even if I’m not able to get any work I won’t starve to death or have to sleep in the park. That’s a gift.

I don’t take anything for granted and I’m grateful for my health and that I get to do what I love for a living. I am in a position to have the best year of my life in 2008. I am SO ready.

No comments: