Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Single Mindedness

Tuesday August 4th, 2009 - Lake Villa, IL

I had a meeting with Jerry Agar today discussing doing some live shows as a group with the Kidders. We can all use a few bucks and we do have a very strong live show to offer a venue that’s hopefully not a comedy club. We want to present this show to do in theatres.

They don’t even have to be gigantic space theatres either. Sure, we’d love to sell out the United Center for a week straight but we’re being realistic. We do a PG-13 at worst show and it’s usually not even that. We keep it cleaner than most and can do 90 minutes for any audience. We’ve been on two major Chicago radio stations and we’ve developed our act.

Selling that act is a new challenge but we’re working on that too. We’re going to have a one sheet sales brochure very soon and then start knocking on doors of qualified people to knock on doors for us. Someone representing us will be worth whatever commissions we might pay. None of us want to be involved in selling the show. We just want to be funny.

We’re making progress because we need to. Jerry needs the income badly and the other guys including myself aren’t exactly Thurston Howell III either. We need to form a lot of streams of income and this is a good start. Jerry is handling this well and we didn’t waste our time today at all. With all I’ve got on my plate right now I’m way too busy for a wife.

That’s probably a good thing because I’m back to the cold streak on the women front as of late. It drifts in and out and right now it’s out. There are a few women I’ve been trying to spend time with and I like them all but none of them are making me a priority and I am not thrilled with it. I don’t have time for all that game playing B.S. Time for a new crop.

The one up in Milwaukee has stuff going on with her kids and her job and by the time it rolls around to spending any time with me on her days off I get the garbage time. I wasn’t thrilled to get blown off for laundry the last couple of weeks but that’s what I got. I know life is hectic and all that but it would be nice to be a priority of someone once in my life.

Dented cans appreciate the little things. I know I do. That’s why I always try to give that back in return. I try to really think of something nice to do or say and when I don’t get the same in return I feel major disappointment. I also got TWO “I don’t like you in that way” speeches in the last few days and that wreaks havoc on the self esteem. I’m feeling low.

All I want is a nice girlfriend that I can spend time with and who isn’t a complete wack job or stalker type and it just doesn’t seem to be in the cards. It felt like I was on a roll for a while and had a few decent prospects but now they seem to have all gone cold at once.

I have a few more possibilities on the line and I guess I have to work at it like a booking list. I’ll admit I have a very hard time trusting anyone and finding a woman to make a part of my whole life and everything in it is a tough match. I’m nowhere near ‘normal’ and I’ll never ever be. It’s hard enough to find someone to spend a lifetime with without putting a minefield like the entertainment business in between us. I guess I’ll be single for a while.

No comments: