Monday, October 4, 2010

Life Savors

Saturday October 2nd, 2010 - Lake Villa, IL

   Today was a day to sit back and savor all things good. This has been a year of all kinds of new things coming my way, and I think the reason for it is I’m thinking and doing a lot of things differently than I have in the past. For the most part, the results have been great.

   My financial situation has really taken a turn for the better, and that’s been huge. It’s no fun to have to worry about each and every month’s rent, and that’s where I was for a long time. Now, I’m in a much better position and it really wasn’t all that hard to do. I made it happen by intending to make it happen, and as simple as that sounds it really does work.

   The cruise ships were the main reason I was able to get out of my money hole, and even though I had some rough times at sea it was still worth doing. I opened myself up to a big new source of income, and after taking a break I’ll be going back out there to do it again.

   No matter what happens, I’ll be in a much better place to deal with it because I’ll know more of what to expect. It really was a major adjustment the first time, but now I have the initial shock out of the way and can deal with things accordingly. I’ll shut my mouth and buckle down to get some work done, all the while socking money away to protect myself.

   I’m still savoring the positive vibe of last night’s show at The Schauer Center. It wasn’t the actual show that did it for me, but the interaction with the people who showed up. I’ve always been my hardest critic, and in my mind the show part was nowhere near the level I know it could be, but I knew that going in. I have to work out the bugs and polish it up.

   One thing that did make me feel better was I couldn’t hear the audience’s laughter from the stage and really thought I was eating it badly. I talked to several people today that told me it was a solid show, so that made me feel a little better. I didn’t want to beat myself up more than I needed to, so I accepted the compliments with sincere gratitude and a smile.

   I’m glad I have higher standards. It’s good to want to get better. I’m not a perfectionist, but I am an improvementist. I want to be the best I can be, and I’m still a long ways off on this particular project. Sill, I feel like I’m on to something with this idea and will stay the course and breathe life into it. It’s already come from just an idea to selling out last night.

   Part of the reason it sold out was I was able to get local media coverage. I think there’s still lingering bad blood from a few of my old rivals, but that’s not my doing. I don’t have any ill will toward them, and wish them nothing but happiness. It’s not about being angry or sticking it to anyone anymore. I‘ve really grown past that and hopefully they will too.

   There are still SO many things I’m behind on, but today I thought about none of them. It was a thrill to do that show last night, and instead of hanging on to what I thought wasn’t up to my standards I just thought about what went well. The line of people who came out to support me was very touching and really made me feel like I actually do mean at least a little something to someone in this world. Back to work tomorrow, today was to enjoy.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: