Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/11/11

Tuesday January 11th, 2011 - Fox Lake, IL

   Another milestone date on the cosmic odometer - 1/11/11. There have been all kinds of them in the last decade with the new millennium and all, and they won’t come back again for at least 100 years. I’ll be long dead by then, so this is the only time I’ll get to see it.

   This one is significant because for years I’ve always noticed an uncanny preponderance to look at clocks at exactly 11:11 or 1:11, or look at a car’s odometer right when it turns a form of 11,111 miles. It’s very noticeable, and I wondered why I was doing it so I looked it up on the internet and found there’s a whole bunch of theories for why it’s happening.

   11 is a power number in numerology, but there are various explanations from a spiritual to paranormal scope that say it’s a warning from another dimension. I don’t know if I can go that far, but I do know I’ve had it happen quite often in the last few years and it’s been something I didn’t do on purpose. The next one in November will be bigger - 11/11/11.

   Stuff like this always gets me thinking about the whole meaning of life and why we’re here on this goofy little spinning space marble anyway. There has to be some meaning to something somewhere, doesn’t there? I hope so. I’d hate to think life is a random chance.

   Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. My gut feeling is it isn’t, but why don’t we know more? The whole idea of God, heaven and hell used to be good enough, but that doesn’t fly anymore, at least with me. I believed in Santa at one time too, and no matter how sincere I was, it’s still a made up lie. Unfortunately, I feel the same way about God after years of believing.

   But what’s the real truth? It’s scary to think there isn’t that all loving powerful God out there who sees us eat our vegetables and share our toys as a kid, and then opens the gates of heaven when we’re dead so we can play a harp and wear a white robe forever and ever.

   That might have been a good way to fool the masses for hundreds of years now, but life is a lot more complex today. That explanation falls flat on my ears. The universe is so big and vast, it doesn’t seem like anything is really important unto itself, especially humanity.

   We’re imperfect, and getting worse. We fight and kill each other and pollute a perfectly good planet which gave us all we need to live a wonderful life. It’s like we’re treating this place like a Motel 6 room, and if there was a God he’d have kicked us all out eons ago.

   But, that being said a large percentage of us have an inner need to have some kind of an entity to worship as being more powerful than ourselves, and we’ll even go to war killing others to defend the honor of that invisible being. My brain overheats thinking about this.

   Does this date mean anything? I have no idea. Does 11:11 mean anything? Are spiritual messages coming from another dimension, or do I happen to look at the clock at the right time just by accident over and over? Both of those ideas seem far fetched, but I do think a true explanation exists that for whatever reason we’re not getting to see. I’m very curious.

Posted via email from Dobie Maxwell's "Dented Can" Diary

No comments: