Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting Even Busier

Wednesday November 12th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

It’s raining, it’s pouring, it’s anything but boring! Things are starting to heat up and I’m going to be in trouble if I don’t manage my time well every day. I’ve been putting out my feelers to people that I want to work with and they’re starting to come back in bunches.

Yesterday I heard from my writing partner Rick Kaempfer and he’s ready to get back to our movie script. That’s a good thing because Lenny Sisselman in Nashville wants it done so he can send it to his partner in L.A. The copy I gave him is making the rounds and if he can get a nibble we’ll need a finished copy for a big pitch or at least a finished treatment.

This is starting to get hectic because I also received an email from Linda Perret who has asked me to collaborate with her on an online comedy correspondence course and she’s at the point where she’s ready to move forward. Her dad was Bob Hope’s head writer and he has a fantastic comedy writing course which I’ve taken myself but this would be my own.

It’s an honor to be asked to work with the Perret family and I do trust them implicitly to be fair and upfront the whole way. That’s why we both agreed it would be best to go with a written agreement before we start stating both of our roles. I’m all for doing that. I did it with Rick Kaempfer and we’ve never had a single problem. It‘s all in writing and solid.

I’m sure our deal will be the same. We’ll come to an agreement as to who does what for the course and we’ll start it as soon as we can. It will add credibility to me and also allow Linda to have more products to sell people who have taken her dad’s course. It’s win/win.

I also met with a former student Kathy Romanowski who is a total marketing whiz kid. She’s done it for a living for years and years and has some outstanding ideas I would not have thought of myself. We met at Zanies in Pheasant Run with another guy named Rick who’s trying to get started in comedy but has some solid ideas too. I felt a creative vibe.

This is what I should have done years ago but for whatever reason I didn’t. Kathy has a lot of super ideas and she understands what I’m trying to do with all this. Rick has a lot of contacts I don’t and I don’t think Kathy does either. People like Shelley my web person or Tony Talley or any number of past students who have offered to help are also in the mix.

That was all yesterday. Today I received a stack of emails from Kerri in Louisville who has volunteered to run my site for the classes. She had some other things to do for a while and that’s fine but now she’s ready to let this project rip and she is asking me to get going and start shipping her text for the site and pictures and start making products to sell soon.

Kathy wants me to produce those same things so she can get them listed in places she is familiar with and also she has an uncle who is a printer and can help polish up this whole package. I can feel all this coming together and I never would have been this hungry if my former partner hadn’t embezzled everything like he did. That money has now become my investment and if I keep this vibe going I’ll take it WAY farther than I would have before.

No comments: