Thursday, November 6, 2008

Uranus Is Calling!

Thursday November 6th, 2008 - Lake Villa, IL

No political volcanic eruptions today. I’m going to leave that for everyone else. I think I made it pretty clear how I feel the last couple of days and even though I hope I’m wrong I haven’t had anything change my mind as of yet. Should that happen I’ll let you in on it.

I need to get working on my own life. It doesn’t matter who’s in Washington if I’m still living in a basement when I’m 50. I might as well just suck the pipe on my 50th birthday if I’m still struggling to pay rent in some hovel like I’ve been doing most of my adult life.

No local or national or world leader is responsible for that. It’s ME. I’m right on target to start making my Uranus Factory Outlet dream a reality and that’s what I’ll be focusing on for the immediate future. If I hit my millions I’ll worry about paying my tax bill then.

This morning I had lunch with my web person Shelley and her daughter Greta. I really love kids and no matter how low I’m feeling hearing a kid’s laugh from the belly soothes whatever is ailing me. I’d love to do shows for kids as the King of Uranus at some point.

I’m not sure if this is a little kid’s gimmick but I really think teenagers are going to love it. Jerry Agar’s son Tanner is 16 and Cooper is 13 and they both love it. Every time I have contact with them they always bring it up and laugh and that’s exactly the reaction I want.

Shelley had a friend of hers do a mock up logo based on the prototype I drew up a while back. It’s pretty cool and very close to what I was picturing. I’m going to test it and test it again over and over until I am completely satisfied but it really isn’t all that far off now.

This afternoon I had a one hour conference call with Lenny in Nashville and two people he works with on his other projects. One guy is a merchandise person who makes product lines of shirts and hats and stickers for various music acts and the other is Lenny’s college roommate who is a web guy. We bounced around a lot of ideas and had a very solid talk.

The conversation started and ended on a positive note and now we’re going to figure all of what’s needed to be done by each involved party and see if we can agree on a deal that all of us can live with. I’ll probably have to give up a percentage of the company and I am not opposed to it if I can get a solid team in place that’s dependable. That’s not very easy.

I do trust Lenny and have known him for many years. He is not a shyster and is very fair and if he says these guys are legit I would tend to believe him. I voiced my concerns and I didn’t hold back and they were all professional about it. I was encouraged by this meeting and now I will see if we can work out a deal that’s not going to put bite marks in Uranus.

My friend Eddie Horn is still in the wings and he’s capable of doing a website until I’m ready to commit anything. I’ve got a ‘coming soon’ on it now but people can still sign up for a newsletter if they want. It’s www.uranusfactoryoutlet.com so if you’re in the mood to check it out and tell me what you think I’d be very grateful. Go ahead - get off Uranus!

No comments: