Monday, November 3, 2008

A Loving Mothership

Sunday November 2nd, 2008 - Vernon Hills, IL/Burlington, WI/Kenosha, WI

All kinds of running around today. I had a one day comedy seminar scheduled at Zanies in Vernon Hills but only two people showed up. There was some confusion on the day for some reason and apparently a few people showed up yesterday instead. I need to organize.

I’m trying my best but I’m having a hard time keeping everything straight. I’m trying to come up with more lessons and streamline the ones I have and keep my booking schedule together and try to be the King of Uranus and it’s piling up too high for me to keep track.

I’ll get it done though. This is a great challenge. I love challenges. It’s up to me to put a plan together to make sure I’m covered in all areas. I feel like I’m a football coach of my own life. I can hire coordinators and position coaches but I’m the one who calls the shots.

I’m just getting back started with classes so I’ll figure out how to best promote and put a schedule together as it goes. Trial and error has always been how we got people out for classes and that will continue. The ones who come are glad to be there so that’s not at all the problem. I just need to get on the same page and have some people working with me.

Since there was no full seminar I drove up to the Burlington Vortex Conference for the last day of lectures. I finally got to hear Stanton Friedman speak live and he was riveting. It was a very well received event and those who were there sure got their money’s worth.

Scott Markus and Lara Schafer are my co-hosts on the Mothership Connection and they were both there too. We got our picture taken with Stanton and a few of the others on the program for our website and it was all a great opportunity to make contacts for the future.

After the conference we went to a restaurant in Rochester, WI which is supposed to be a lightning rod for haunting. It was close so we decided to check it out for future live shows or a ghost hunt with the Wisconsin Paranormal Investigators who we’ve had on our show.

We didn’t see any ghosts, just a few people at the bar drinking spirits watching football. We ate our dinner and I just thought about how much fun this whole show is. Scott is the perfect co-host for this because he’s really organized and loves ghost stories. He wrote his ghost book and also is a film maker and he’s very bright. Lara really adds to the show too.

It’s good to have a woman’s voice in the mix and she’s not a bubblehead at all. She can ask a smart question out of the blue and doesn’t have to be coached. Plus we’re all into all the topics we talk about because they’re interesting. Are ghosts and UFOs real? We’d like to find the answers and talk about it on the radio in an intelligent and entertaining fashion.

We had a strong show all night tonight. We’re getting more and more at ease on air as a team and I knew we would. Gary Pansch showed up too so we had a full studio but that’s not a problem. He always adds to the mix and we had a fun time. Filling two hours wasn’t always easy but now we’re rolling and it’s no problem. We’ve got something with this.

No comments: