Monday, November 17, 2008

Pure Packer Pleasure

Sunday November 16th, 2008 - West Allis, WI/Kenosha, WI

No matter what problems I may be having in my life at any given time when the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears it all seems a million miles away. Today it seemed to be two million as the beloved green and gold shredded the Bears into soup meat 37-3.

I’ve said before how stupid this all is and how little it means in the scheme of life but to a longsuffering fully addicted cheese head brainwashed Packer zombie like me it was my finest hour. Not having to get the wave of phone calls and emails of taunting Bears pukes plus not having to make any myself because sometimes that’s better was double pleasure.

Stomping on the Bears until they’re bloody stumps of rotting smelly putrid meat is any Packer fan’s greatest thrill. I never get tired of it and if I could buy the DVD of this game and watch it over and over again I probably would. I’m surprised the NFL doesn’t do that.

That would probably be a hot seller. They have been televising games for decades now. Why not package up the television coverage minus commercials and sell individual game DVDs of every team? Maybe they could even do full seasons like other shows do. I’ll bet it would sell in the millions. I’d buy a few select Packer games from the past to rewatch.

Maybe they wouldn’t even need to make a DVD. How about just having a website with a full archive of games on it and charge a buck or two to download it and watch it once? I really think that would work as odd as it sounds. I’m a geek for the Packers and I’d do it.

I’d especially do it for a game like today’s because I didn’t get to watch it start to finish. I was up in West Allis, WI at the monthly baseball card show at Gonzaga Hall. I caught a few plays here and there because a few of the dealers had radios or a small TV with them.

I am never going to not enjoy sports cards either. It’s an escape. I needed a day of that to wash the taste of anger out of my mouth from The Embezzler’s constant attempts to make my life a living hell. I don’t enjoy being angry but I feel like I have to defend my territory.

Jay Leno takes pictures with a lot of people. Just because he took one with him does not mean he is endorsing their classes even if it looks that way. I have to focus on a lot bigger goal and get known myself. If I were known like Jay Leno this wouldn‘t even be an issue.

That’s a lot easier said than done but after thinking hard about it and trying to be logical that’s the proper answer. Taking a barbecue skewer and puncturing his lungs didn’t sound bad at first but after rethinking it that’s not the smart choice. I need to outwork that putz.

Taking a day off to go to the card show was exactly what I needed. I also had a fun time doing the Mothership Connection radio show on WLIP in Kenosha tonight. We had to be off the cuff because we didn’t have guests lined up but we pulled off a show despite of it.

We’re starting to find a groove on the air and listeners are calling in and it feels like it’s a morning show format at night talking about ghosts and UFOs. That could be a big winner.

No comments: